• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRF w/ AB Solver or Kestrel Compatible

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    I have a two year old Leica Rangemaster 2700-B and a Kestrel 5700 Elite w/ Link.
    They don't talk to each other and I have to compare one to the other to ensure that the shooting solution is jiving and I use the Kestrel for wind corrections.
    The Leica has great glass and it's pretty foolproof for hunting, but the Leica native ballistics is clunky at best and I'm sure that Leica will pull the plug on support in the future - No new ballistic curves. Having to keep a Micro SD Card for each Rifle / Ammo Combo is a pain as well, but it's "Stupid Proof" as long as you put the correct card in the LRF.
    The Leica software doesn't support .22 rimfire curves and since I shoot NRL22, It's an issue.
    The longest target shots would be around 1500 yards or so.
    What are my upgrade options for less than about $ 750.00 ??

I have a two year old Leica Rangemaster 2700-B and a Kestrel 5700 Elite w/ Link.
    They don't talk to each other and I have to compare one to the other to ensure that the shooting solution is jiving and I use the Kestrel for wind corrections.
    The Leica has great glass and it's pretty foolproof for hunting, but the Leica native ballistics is clunky at best and I'm sure that Leica will pull the plug on support in the future - No new ballistic curves. Having to keep a Micro SD Card for each Rifle / Ammo Combo is a pain as well, but it's "Stupid Proof" as long as you put the correct card in the LRF.
    The Leica software doesn't support .22 rimfire curves and since I shoot NRL22, It's an issue.
    The longest target shots would be around 1500 yards or so.
    What are my upgrade options for less than about $ 750.00 ??

You can get a sig 2400 abs or bdx depending on which you prefer (one has ab in it and the other links with kestral)kestrel. I've grown very fond of mine since I actually put my gun profiles in it. It's nice to be able to range something and get your dope spit out right there. Dial and shoot

Look for a used or discounted SIG3000BDX it will fill all your requirements and act double as a spotter set up on a tripod.

Look for a used or discounted SIG3000BDX it will fill all your requirements and act double as a spotter set up on a tripod.
    This shows promise, however the 800 yard limit on the ballistics is a strike against it.
    I like that it's one less piece of kit to have binos and the LRF integrated.

Last edited:
    This shows promise, however the 800 yard limit on the ballistics is a strike against it.
    If you pair it with your 5700 Elite it should allow the Kestrel's solver to be used and display in the LRF. The Ultralite software that is built in is for standalone use and to lower the price.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
    I like that it's one less piece of kit to have binos and the LRF integrated.
    800 only if you use the integrated AB lite loaded in the SIGs. You said you already have a Kestrel 5700 Elite you can pair and go as far as the Kestrel will go doing so. I use the same combo and even for PRS/NRL22 I pair as my 22lr dope is trued using the DSF feature.

Reactions: CaptNemo
    I almost pulled the trigger on the 3000K, and like Boxer said, you can put it in BDX-External mode and pair it with your Kestrel instead of using the on-board BDX ballistics mode. However I lucked into a good deal on a Sig 10K, so went that route. For now I’m using the BDX-External capability to pull dope from my Kestrel. I still need to compare the Kestrel dope to the on-board BDX to see how close they are.

Coming off a monocular LRF that was only 4x, I’m really liking the bino capability and 10x power to find & range my targets at the same time and a second later my dope pops up into the display. I was at the range today and quickly mapped out 10-12 targets at various distances from 300 to 900 and got my dope at the same time. It’s very slick compared to doing how I have been doing it (find target w/ binos, range with 4x LRF, then punch in the distance on my Kestrel).

Reactions: CaptNemo