• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lrhs vs Mark 5hd

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
I am considering picking up a mark 5hd 3.5-18 tmr for a new hunting rifle. I have been using a bushnell lrhs and really like it. Is the mark 5hd a noticeable upgrade worth the cost difference? Or would I be better off just picking up another lrhs?

I have the option to pickup a 45% off leupold discount on trade to help even up the price difference.

If its worth the price difference is up to you. If you are going from a 3-12 you will give up quite a bit of FOV. The Mk5 has a zero lock, but I have never had my LRHS get spun off zero. The Mk5 is definitely a legitimate step up.

Step up in what aspect? I’m currently running a 4.5-18 lrhs. There really isn’t much I have complaints about. Probably my only thing I would like to improve would be an easier eye box, not that the lrhs is bad, and obviously I won’t complain about better glass, once again the lrhs isn’t bad.

I probably wouldn't buy a scope to get something easier to get behind. If your gun is set up correctly that shouldn't be a big problem. The Mk5 should give better glass. IT has more internal adjustment and is a smaller scope overall, but about the same weight. I sold an LRHS and kept a MK5. I can't say I wont ever sell it and go back though. I like the TMR, the G3 of the G2H. They are probably three of my favorite.

Thanks supercorndog. I think I will stick with tried and true. Just picked up another lrtsi

I am considering picking up a mark 5hd 3.5-18 tmr for a new hunting rifle. I have been using a bushnell lrhs and really like it. Is the mark 5hd a noticeable upgrade worth the cost difference? Or would I be better off just picking up another lrhs?

I have the option to pickup a 45% off leupold discount on trade to help even up the price difference.

If you get the TreMor 3 Reticle it’s worth it, you won’t be disappointed.