• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRI barreling services.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    The last 7 or so months have been a little more challenging around here due to me complicating everyone's life by adding a whole new line of software and putting a 5 axis mill on the floor. It's a good thing long term, but there has been some growing pains.

That was then. This is now. Were through it and stuff is clicking again.

Barreling, fluting, engraving, coating. It's running at 100% and we typically enjoy a cycle ranging between same day and 7 days. The spread is relevant to the amount of added services a guy ads. This can stretch a bit more if we are sourcing/supplying the barrel. We use K&P brand barrels as the go to "house brand". It's a relationship over half a decade old now. In that time I've spent nearly 3/4 of a million dollars with them. I can count on one hand the number of times we've had to replace one due to a defect. Add an additional 14 days if we don't have what your looking for. I have front of the line privilege with them and they've never let me down. In extreme circumstances I've ordered barrels from Ken at 10am and picked them up at 6pm the same day.

They work. Jake Vibbert and a whole bunch of other folks can testify to that.

Long story short. If you need a stick hung and you want it done quickly, LRI is in a position to help.

C.

My LRI K&P 6.5 CM is a hammer. So is my buddy's. Turn time for both was under a week with emailed pictures and updates. They even called me to verify the chamber specs I wanted before doing the work. When I burn this barrel out it'll get sent back to Chad for another.

Damnit, currently waiting for a barrel from somewhere else. For future reference, do you offer shouldered pre-fits for Bighorn TL3s? If so, price?

Reactions: rookie7
    LRI spun up a 7SAUM fluted barrel for my Sako M10 and it's a hammer. Great how they send email updates with pics to show the progress. First experience with K&P but won't be my last. Chad is great to work with and you can buy with confidence.

Reactions: Wags
    Are y'all set up to do Bighorn Origin prefits?

Very happy LRI customer here with 2 barreled actions that shoot 0.5" or better.

Chad does great work. Glad your growing the shop. Always had great lead times in my opinion.

Damnit, currently waiting for a barrel from somewhere else. For future reference, do you offer shouldered pre-fits for Bighorn TL3s? If so, price?

Yes, we do. Price of a stick is $350 for a typical 26" blank in whatever contour, caliber, and twist rate.
    $325 is the std price for a push feed short action. Add another $100 for threading the muzzle.
    Add $25 for magnum length cartridges.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
    Last and please take this to heart:

I will likely never see or even know about your barrel job unless there is a problem. Chad is no longer "LRI". I started the place and my wife and I run it.

The STAFF are who make this happen. The company stands on its own now as a whole. I'm fortunate to have great people here. They like what we do and they make an effort to do good work.

Any/all credit should go to them or the shop's name. Not mine.

Chad,

Yep. Right now Bartlein seems to be the only game in town.

Other options are good brother. Always good.

S/F

Gain twist

I don't stock those. I've always thought of these things as novelties. Trying to solve a problem that really isn't there. I am often guilty of poking fun at the bench rest crowd. I see it more as "bingo night" for gun guys than anything. That said there's one thing they do well; produce absurdly small shot groups under very highly regulated conditions and they will chase any rainbow out there if it shows any merit.

The fact they are not aggressively pursuing these kind of barrels says something to me.

5R, Ratchet, Russian, the list goes on. I've had repeatable, reliable, and predictable performance with the old standard 6 groove, 70/30 land/groove percentages for a long time now. I'm not saying that the others don't work, but I've yet to see them work conclusively better.

One must always remember that companies who make a product are in the business of selling that product. The more they sell, the more success they enjoy. Creating buzz words to solve that challenge is a classic means of boosting a bottom line.

Chad,

True. Totally get it.

That being said, GT (I believe) are finally at a point where the benefits can be defined factually, and not just anecdotally. Bullet deformation is real in a lot of the “long for caliber” bullets, and think some form of gain twist is here to stay for our LR applications.

Remember when “Crossfire Fuel Injection” was more fad and marketing? EFI is a standard now, and I think GT will track similarly.

Like you said, GT is nothing new; been around for well over a century. Precision GT, with sensible gain progression rates? I think that’s the new (and more viable and interesting) path before us. I mean, with today’s machines, there really isn’t much (if any) cost difference in manufacturing. It’s just different tooling and programming. Kind of what you and LRI pioneered from a gunsmithing perspective. Do more, better, in less time, and increase profit and decrease turnaround time. You sure aren’t working out of a 130 degree Connex box anymore, eh?

I’m on happy pills right now, so bear with my ramblings please. ?

Reactions: JeffLebowski
    LRI rocks. Chad spun up a 300 WM barrel for me and it is a laser.... it probably spent more time in transit than at the shop. Recommended LRI to a couple of friends and they had similar results.

The last 7 or so months have been a little more challenging around here due to me complicating everyone's life by adding a whole new line of software and putting a 5 axis mill on the floor. It's a good thing long term, but there has been some growing pains.

That was then. This is now. Were through it and stuff is clicking again.

Barreling, fluting, engraving, coating. It's running at 100% and we typically enjoy a cycle ranging between same day and 7 days. The spread is relevant to the amount of added services a guy ads. This can stretch a bit more if we are sourcing/supplying the barrel. We use K&P brand barrels as the go to "house brand". It's a relationship over half a decade old now. In that time I've spent nearly 3/4 of a million dollars with them. I can count on one hand the number of times we've had to replace one due to a defect. Add an additional 14 days if we don't have what your looking for. I have front of the line privilege with them and they've never let me down. In extreme circumstances I've ordered barrels from Ken at 10am and picked them up at 6pm the same day.

They work. Jake Vibbert and a whole bunch of other folks can testify to that.

Long story short. If you need a stick hung and you want it done quickly, LRI is in a position to help.

C.
    My stick is hung, still no fluting or Cera, #9567,

I've got a Manners stock molded for a Proof CF Sendero, any chance I could get one of your K&P barrels in that same barrel contour?

My next 7 saum barrel will probably be from LRI as I want to try a shouldered prefit for my nuke.