• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing LRI's new M70 HTR DBM.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    This one is for the 3.125" ejection port length. The idea is a hinged floorplate appearing setup that is actually a detachable magazine using the AI 3.715" length magazine. These particular ones were modified so that the action did not have to be molested. 4 digit M70's are getting to be a rare thing so cutting one up just seemed a bit sacrilegious.

I devoted some time to try and give this thing a truly "sporter" look to it vs the big lump of material typically left forward of the trigger guard. It required some additional pieces, but I think it came out pretty well.

1603400696057.png

1603400832163.png

1603400846348.png

1603401043341.png

i Like that. I would love to have that set up for my Tikka hunting rifle

Reactions: Raffy
    You do some B E A U tiful work Chad. Keep it up. Kind of disappointed I don't own a Winny

By the way, do you also have some thing coming up for the smaller ejection port style?

I have an FN SPR but I also have a m70 in 223 that has a slightly shorter ejection port. The same SA stocks fit each other though.

And are other mags going to be made for these? Or will regular AICS mags work?

That looks amazing. I have an older model 70 that I’ve been wanting to do something with.

By the way, do you also have some thing coming up for the smaller ejection port style?

I have an FN SPR but I also have a m70 in 223 that has a slightly shorter ejection port. The same SA stocks fit each other though.

And are other mags going to be made for these? Or will regular AICS mags work?

At this point we can do about anything because I've not made it yet. This along with the Remmy stuff we do lean on the Accuracy International type magazines just because they are made so well and are plentiful. (ARC, Accurate, and Alpha stuff works as well in the SA pieces)

So, with a clean slate I would think we could handle the FN SPR stuff pretty easily. The challenge becomes devoting the time to it. None of this is "hold my beer" type stuff. Quite a bit of work goes into it simply because the parts are only part of it. One has to devote just as much time to building vise jaws and whatnot for workholding too.

Reactions: stello1001