• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LRR-MIL Reticle - Too Fine For 10-20x?

j-dubya

A-Driver for Doobby’s Taxiola
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
Atlanta area
Considering this reticle for a swap into a S&B 5-25. Most times I’m around 10-20x for the 7-08 it sits on. Just wondering if the center area is a bit too fine for a reticle choice in various backgrounds, although primarily terrain here in the southeast. I’ve studied the photos that pop up on google, just curious of others’ thoughts that may have seen it in various backgrounds.

what do you typically run for reticle? i had it in hand in a 5-25 and ended up not keeping it, but that was on account of the open dot type center. i personally seem to shoot better with more closed center type reticles

The only way the LRR reticle is useable IMO is through the daytime illumination that’s fitted along with it.

I found it way too thin for my liking on the 5-25. I believe it would come into its own on the 5-45. My fear would be if you had it retro-fitted to your scope but didn’t / wasn’t able to get the updated illumination module then you might fit it unusable at certain mag ranges / conditions.

I would consider the MSR2. However reticle swaps seem to be silly money. Might be better off selling the scope, then buying a new one with the reticle of choice.

What do you have at the moment, what reasons do you feel that it holds you back?

Current reticle is H2CMR. Two things about it that I don’t like is lack of heavy bars for picking it out at low power, and I’d like to have a center dot. It serves as somewhat of an “all-purpose” scope. That center area just seems like its fine enough to make using the illumination almost a necessity with certain backgrounds.

Runner up reticle choice would be Grid or maybe the MSR2.