• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s LTM Refinishings Joe Larson

grizzlybear189

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Richmond, VA.
Anyone ever deal or heard of Joe Larson at LTM Refinishings? I shipped my rifle to him for a cerakote and now can't get in touch with him. George from GA Precision did some work on it then I haven't seen or heard from them in almost 4 months.

Re: LTM Refinishings Joe Larson

I am having the same problem. He has had my rifle since DEC of last year. He was answering my emails and now he will not answer his phone or any of my emails. I am worried. If anyone else has been in touch with him let me know I would like to get my rifle back.

hate to say this. Try Manners Stocks. I think Joe does Tom's painting or custom work. I really wanted LTM do do a stock and every time I called it went to voicemail (alot of the time the box was full)

for some reason I don't think that this is the first time I've heard about Larson tactical being "unavailable" to communicate with. maybe it's someone else, but i remember and old thread that by the end of it, some guy within driving distance of larson ended up getting everybody's stuff and shipping it off to them because the company wasn't doing so hot. and the owner was having some family issues. please don't flame me as i said i can't remember, nor for the life of me find the thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahlendrrari</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for some reason I don't think that this is the first time I've heard about Larson tactical being "unavailable" to communicate with. maybe it's someone else, but i remember and old thread that by the end of it, some guy within driving distance of larson ended up getting everybody's stuff and shipping it off to them because the company wasn't doing so hot. and the owner was having some family issues. please don't flame me as i said i can't remember, nor for the life of me find the thread.</div></div>

yeah, that's what I sorta thought, too. My memory sucks, so I'd suggest calling George at GAP. IIRC, he's the one who made the trip. Was it there though,,,? Was it him,,,?

Several very long thread concerning LTM in the past. You are not the first to have problems. You're not even the 21st.

the previous threads have been deleated, or are no longer accessible for some reason, but there were several pages on it
best of luck to you

good, I'm not the only one who's heard of this, nor am i slinging mud on anyone's good name by mistake, don't have the sharpest of memory but i could have sworn there was a thread on this.

I heard of the family issues but put out some sort of service announcement for god sake

This is no less than the 3rd thread I have heard of. A hide Member had to drive to the guys shop and get everyone's gear back as he pretty much disappeared. To my knowledge GAP doesn't work with him anymore due to the last fiasco...

I believe there are a few small claims suits pending against him for lost gear and no returns... STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY... Every 120-150 days or so it sounds like this guy has a problem...

Very bad news....again.

If you have gear with him and he's not returning calls/emails/etc then it's time to stop playing Mr Nice Guy and pull out all the stops.

Call the local police, ATF, etc etc

yup if he had my guns I'd call the ATF.

Crap!! I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago. I emailed him from Iraq asking if he could Durakote some items for me when I got back to the US, that they be ready for when I returned (am back here now). I havent heard anything from him at all. Same sort of things you have mentioned, no email repy, not answering phone, voice mail full. I need those items for my job too. CRAP!! Im just hoping that he maybe closed for the holiday season.....knock wood.

There needs to be a sticky warning guys to stay away from this clown.

Kiwishtr, in most instances, I'd advocate restraint and advise you to exhasut all possible means of getting your weapons back, but with this guys history, I'd say call the ATF now.

From their website:

Due to staff reorganization we no longer have a dedicated administrative person. This personnel shortage has affected our ability to answer phones / emails in a timely manner. If you call & get our voice mail please remember that our shop is very loud inside. If you will leave a message I will get back to you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Joe Larson
President
LTM Refinishing

Dear God, tell me people aren't still sending stuff to Larson. This is certainly not the only, nor is it the longest, thread regarding bad business with LTM. Run a search on him and be amazed at what all has gone on and what folks have had to do to recover their property.

Holy shit.

If you Google <span style="font-weight: bold">LTM Refinishing</span> and it is all these pages of forums warning about them.

Damn, I guess any publicity is good publicity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hate to say this. Try Manners Stocks. I think Joe does Tom's painting or custom work. I really wanted LTM do do a stock and every time I called it went to voicemail (alot of the time the box was full) </div></div>

Not for some time now..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hate to say this. Try Manners Stocks. I think Joe does Tom's painting or custom work. I really wanted LTM do do a stock and every time I called it went to voicemail (alot of the time the box was full)</div></div>

Joe hasn't done Tom's painting for probably well over a year. Tom's got a great painter for him now, Todd. All I know is that he is a fantastic painter and that he and JRose has some type of questionable relationship.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LTM, I can't believe the word is not out there after all the crap he has pulled on people!!!

Joe has proven himself to be dishonest and untrustworthy, the comments on Google are true. I am one on the those that got my equipment back 4 yrs ago and without going into the specifics it was not easy and involved "strong friends".

Joe lied to me and others and said he lost our rifles or did not have them when in fact he did. Local law enforcement really could not help other than to do a "wellness" check and confirm that he was there and okay. Being a lie and cheat is not a crime until there is proof a crime has been committed. The ATF was a little more helpful on the "missing guns", might want to contact the KC office.

Bottom line is that sitting there hoping it gets better may means your gun could end up on the streets in the hands of a dealer. Seems that is the circle he runs with. I would develop an action plan that would allows you to be at his house and get you stuff now. May need LE help to get in or you may need to use other means as no crime has been committed.

Be careful what you do or you will end up in trouble and he will still have your stuff. PM me if you want.

Hi all.
What I sent him was accessories so cant really call ATF on that one as it isnt an actual firearm involved. I work in Iraq and only get state side every few months/. The pain in the ass is that I use those accessories here. Looks like ill be making a drive to Harrisonville or where ever it is (10hrs from Texas). If anyone lives near this guy or know any other ways to get hold of him can you let me know?

If you send stuff to Joe consider it gone.
Nothing more nothing less.
Look at his "old" web site and you will see Phoenix Tactical listed as one of the companies that he did work for.
Drugs killed his business and maybe someday him also.
It's all gone now.

Ditto... I nearly lost a scope I sent him to refinish. He said two months but he hadn't even unboxed it when a A10Xrifle repossessed it for me personally when retrieving stuff he also had there (along with other people's things) 14 months later. He still has the $65 that I paid him in advance...

Bad Karma always comes home...

Same for me with a Nightforce..
Sent to them before any negative issues, prepaid also.
Months later and nothing. Sent numerous letters & emails. Countless calls with no answer and messages left.
Finally got the scope back. Not done and no refund.

So can one go to the address on the web site to get gear back? or is there a residential address that needs to be visited?

This i how I came accross LTM Finishings. I had seen alot of pics of rifles who had work done by LTM on this site. I was impressed with his work, so looked up his web site, which is also quite impressive, then emailed him and the rest is history. I took the positive remarks about his work writin with those pics as my indicator to his workmanship and to my own fault, didnt research any futher, taking those numberous pics comments etc at face value.
Im guessing that there may be a few other poeple out there that could make the same mistake I did.
To the MOD's. Is it possible to have some sort of disclaimer or warning about him and his company added to where ever it pops up on the site? Its just an idea and not entirely sure if its even possible. Just thought it might save someone else a whole lot of trouble.
Cheers.

(the edits I've made are for my own grammer, not any content)

Is there anyone on the Hide that still has items with LTM? I have someone who may be able to help. So if anyone else out ther has any items with Joe Larson. Let me know and we can see what can be done.

Unfortunately I sent 2 McMillan A-5 stocks, 2 Leupold scopes, lens shades and lens covers just before Christmas. Should have done more research. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Notified Harrisonville PD on 1 March 2010. Police report filed for $4800 worth of missing stocks and accessories. Hopefully the DA will get my stuff back and land the guy behind bars for awhile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy does realy nice work to bad he has turned out to be a flake and possibly worse </div></div>

He has now crossed the line. The items he has of mine I use for work. Anything that hinders my ability to perform my job, I take very seriously.

Time for things to happen................

It should tell you something that a post about Joe Larson is in Maggie's Drawers...

Anyone noticed that he has re modeled some of his site? His address has changed, is stating that due to moving his email/voice mail maybe be affected. Also he wants 50% pre pay on all finishing work. So he is still trying to scam people into sending him gear. Surely there are laws against this?

Also, according to his site. His FFL is still current. How can this be true?
"Our FFL# is 5-43-037-01-9E-03879, expiration date: May 1, 2012." Any way to check this?

And No, I havent gotten any of my gear back yet............

This has been going on for years ( 2 1/2 that I can remember ) are people still being snookered and nothing is being done? When does this become a FEDERAL issue? We ARE talking about figgin' firearms! This is unreal!
mad.gif

A bunch of you need to get together and call the local FBI office. they will investigate if it is over $5k.

Otherwise call the local LEO and make them aware. have a number of folks who have been ripped off call.

I did this with a woman who ripped off 11 people on photo equipment. The people got their money back and she got spanked good!

Hi All.
Well you will not believe this. All my gear turned up in the mail today. Work completed and from what I can see (have only see pics as am still over seas) looks like a pretty good job. Cost was very reasonable aswell. Id heard that another guy also got his gear back with a good job done.
Seems LTM has changed address and maybe a fresh start in the right direction? Lets hope so....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KiwiShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, according to his site. His FFL is still current. How can this be true? "Our FFL# is 5-43-037-01-9E-03879, expiration date: May 1, 2012." Any way to check this?</div></div>https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

Kiwi, glad to hear that you made out ok. Potentially.

Lets hope that this is the beginning of the right road to travel. Question is, who's going to try that road? Time will tell.

Any news on LTM Refinishing? Is he back up and running? I need my duty M-4 painted to match my 308. Is there another painter that can do the painting if Joe is still not to be trusted?? Thanks in advance.

There are many folks right here on this site that can do a marvelous job of painting your item. LTM is not one of them I would recommend even to an enemy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pif_sonic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on LTM Refinishing? Is he back up and running? I need my duty M-4 painted to match my 308. Is there another painter that can do the painting if Joe is still not to be trusted?? Thanks in advance.</div></div>

Why the hell would you even take the risk? There are at least 5 guys here that would gladly paint your rifle and do a very nice job of it......and as a bonus you'd get it back without filing charges and getting the ATF involved!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pif_sonic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on LTM Refinishing? Is he back up and running? I need my duty M-4 painted to match my 308. Is there another painter that can do the painting if Joe is still not to be trusted?? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Did you even read any of this thread? Please tell me you didn't!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pif_sonic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on LTM Refinishing? Is he back up and running? I need my duty M-4 painted to match my 308. Is there another painter that can do the painting if Joe is still not to be trusted?? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

30 Cal
Phantom
ARP
etc

LTM is a accident lookings fora place to happen.

Look at the guy who posted below you. ARP does great work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pif_sonic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on LTM Refinishing? Is he back up and running? I need my duty M-4 painted to match my 308. Is there another painter that can do the painting if Joe is still not to be trusted?? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Look at the guy who posted below you. ARP does great work </div></div>

HELL YES HE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I second that statement and that bastard even has to buy lunch next time. Hell he isn't busy anyway he has already tagged his 5 deer for the year by now.