• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing LTR bolt release wont work in my AICS????

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
howdy, I recently put my Remington 700 LTR in an AICS and really love shooting the gun, however, the bolt release is very stiff now and I can't generate enough pressure to get the bolt out anymore, did I install it incorrectly? or is there a secret way to hold my tongue?

Thanks ahead of time!

Re: LTR bolt release wont work in my AICS????

If your rifle has the X-Mark trigger, your stock might need to be relieved, as that trigger is wider than the old style trigger.

rifle is way pre X-mark trigger, and it's the bolt release button that is being retained by the stock somehow, not the trigger itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rifle is way pre X-mark trigger, and it's the bolt release button that is being retained by the stock somehow, not the trigger itself. </div></div>

That's what I understood. Your bolt release is dragging on the side of the trigger cutout in the AICS stock. Usually the old style triggers work without issue but seems like yours might be touching.

What you are describing sounds similar to an issue I ran into with one of our department issue rifles. Our rifles are 700s in the AICS as well. It has been a while back but two things I saw were 1)the interior of the stock panels were putting pressure on the small bar releasing the bolt(as stated earlier in the poast) and 2) there is a small roll pin at the bottom of the reciever that had worked itself out a little. You might have a look in either one of those areas if you are still having problems....Hope it helps a little

Clint
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"