• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lube TiN Mandrel while Neck Turning??

Duffman1975

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Idaho
I have the 21st Century neck turning lathe with the TiN mandels. I know you don't need to lubricate with TiN, but i have been anyways. Starting with a clean Mandrel, i will apply some Rem Oil to a qtip and lightly brush a line on the mandrel. After about 10 or so cases, i wipe it clean with another qtip and reapply.

Just curious if im being overly cautious or if anyone else oiling their TiN mandels as well.

Last edited:
I'm old school. Still turning by hand. I have never lubed during the process. A WORD OF CAUTION: Never use the words "lubricate", "mandrel" and "anal" in the same paragraph. These guys will jump all over you. LOL! Just read this to my wife and we're heading to the bedroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[No message]

Attachments

• photo53614.jpg
    photo53614.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 8
Lube never hurts an operation. Just because it has a lower friction coefficient doesn't mean you stack odds against you.

I'm old school. Still turning by hand. I have never lubed during the process. A WORD OF CAUTION: Never use the words "lubricate", "mandrel" and "anal" in the same paragraph. These guys will jump all over you. LOL! Just read this to my wife and we're heading to the bedroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha great point! Fixed!