• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Lubing a Rem 700 trigger

Ship Ahoy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just bought a Rem 700 SPS to get into some medium distance shooting. While reading these pages the general concensus is that putting oil on a Rem trigger is ill advised. The manual that came with my new rifle says to put a drop of Rem Oil on four different points of the trigger assembly. (Could they make those pictures any smaller for us guys with old eyes?)

Is this Rem Oil the oil that evaporates and leaves a film of teflon or can I use my normal gun oil which is WeaponShield?

Thanks.

Re: Lubing a Rem 700 trigger

Rem Oil is Teflon in a light carrier. It evaporates to almost nothing. I use it on my pocket knives frequently.

DO NOT use regular gun oil. It will attract dirt, gum up and cause problems.

Lighter fluid is a great cleaner and leaves just enough lubrication after you blow it out.

Re: Lubing a Rem 700 trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem Oil is Teflon in a light carrier. It evaporates to almost nothing. I use it on my pocket knives frequently.

DO NOT use regular gun oil. It will attract dirt, gum up and cause problems.

Lighter fluid is a great cleaner and leaves just enough lubrication after you blow it out. </div></div>

Thanks I'll go buy some today right before I break in this new rifle.