• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lubricate Spring?

cpatbay

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2011
California, USA
I just received a new set of spring and buffer from HeavyBuffer for my LMT. Do I need to lubricate the spring before using it in my rifle? Or do I use it dry? If I need to lubricate it, what kind of lubricant is recommended?

Re: Lubricate Spring?

I put a light coat of grease, as well. Not necessary, but it slightly muffles the "sproing".

I throw a light coat of oil on with a soft fiber brush,, doubt it does much for function but it feels and sounds smoother than cycling them dry, atleast on a new gun where everything is dry. Basically never have to reapply.

unnecessary but won't hurt anything either. use grease instead of oil and a little bit goes along way.

I wouldn't put any grease on the spring or in the buffer tube, especially if you shoot suppressed. With the crud that gets blown backwards in these guns why would you want to put "glue" in the mix?

I shoot all mine suppressed & i put a light coat of grease on the spring & buffer. I takes the boing spring sound out. All you can hear is the action locking up.