• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes lucky day at the local gun show

turtlesniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
aynor sc
well went to the local c&e gun show figured it would be the usual BS so was just looking for a few odds and ends. low a behold i see a lupy mk4 16x sitting in a case with alot of other optics lupys Bushnells tascos and so forth i figured this thing has to be a fake. so i ask to see it. to my surprise it wasnt it had clear glass no scratches and seem to be well taken care of u can tell it had been mounted but not ring indentations.football stile mil dots knobs felt nice and tight and a set of the old butler creek caps (the good ones). i asked the guy where it came from he told me it was on a big heavy barreled 300winmag that some one had traded in i said cool. so then time to ask price he said 350 dollars i handed him the cash and walked out with a huge grin.

Re: lucky day at the local gun show

Congrats on your find. A gun show is the last place I would expect to find a good long scope. I occasionally see a real EOTech or Trijicon, and LOTS of Chinese made stuff at these shows.

what dealer was it? i haven't really seen anyone but Kopter have decent scopes at the CE shows...

you might want to call/e-mail luey with the serial number to verify it is a genuine article.

its the real deal 1996 born on year from the serial number and football mildots not stuff that u find in fakes and from everything i have found the variables seem to be all that were faked

Thats a great deal.

I once traded a Frakenstein AR-15 upper that I had for a brand new never fired Arsenal SA M-7 classic.

I was walking around with my upper hanging out of a back pack and the saleman behind the table asked what I wanted for it. I gave him my price and he started to lowball me. We could not agree on a price so he asked if there was something on the table that I would be willing to trade for. I looked and low and behold a NIB Arsenal limited edition SA M-7 classis was sitting at the end of the table.

After he ridiculously lowballed me for the upper, and recongnizing that he had no idea what the AK was worth, I offered the upper and a small amount of cash.

Walked with the AK and still have it. Depending on the political current at times I've seen them go for upwards of $3K.

smile.gif