• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Luepold VX-6, anybody get one??

vX6 has a 30mm tube
Very nice hunting scope
I have ran the 2-12 and 1-6

Funny i just got off the phone with leupold over the 1-6. ! had bought one of the circle firedot 1-6's. I loved everything about the scope but the crosshairs are friggin thick. They have to be to allow for the firedot fiberoptic. I sold the scope because I found them to be just to damn thick.

Well i just called to inquire about the non illuminated models and was told that the non illuminated models carry the original Leupold duplex with the finer substentions, this goes for the mk 4's as well.

The scope was beautiful in every other way though, I loved the dials, the glass clarity was amazing (on par with nighforce), adjustments smooth, fit and finish the typical quality we know of leupold. Comes with bikin cover as well as a scope coat. its an awesome scope for the cash.

I am now honestly thinking about buying another 1-6 non illuminated for my JP scr-11, and sell my nightforce 2.5-10 for a 2-12 boone and crocket. Many on here will scoff and gaw, but for what I intend to do with the rifles I feel both will fit my needs just fine.

Last edited:
Yep, I have the 2-12. I took it to Namibia on a hunting trip. Absolutely stellar. Leupold sent me the BDC turret calibrated for my 375 H&H. The lowlight capability is awesome, coupled w/the illumination it is a killer combo. The illum has several brightness settings you can adjust w/the push of a button, very user friendly.....
In a nutshell, I love it!

I have the Mk 6 1-6X20 with the cmr-w reticle. It has a 34mm tbe and is mounted in a LaRue LT 104 mount. I am very happy with it's performance on an H&K MR 762

looks like a good scope from leupold, any body sue one yet? think Talley will make 34mm ultralight rings for this?

the 2.5-12x42 is only 12.5 inches long.

let me know

I purchased a Leupold VX-6 3-18x50mm fine duplex #115005 in mid May...Very Nice Scope! I had trouble finding any owner reviews on the net, so I posted "my review" (see below) on about 10 sites for prospective buyers to read.

My On-Line-Reviews
[ After receiving a fully Custom .30-06 Rem 700 for Christmas, I've been shopping really nice rifle scope products currently available to compliment my new hunting rifle. I've looked through several high end Schmidt & Bender and other high end scope products, but backed away due to the "price of admission"! I received my rifle with an 8 year old Leupold VX-III 3.5-10 50mm, that although was put through field in-use torture test, still looked new, functioned perfectly and still had great optics. So I continued my research in the Leupold product line of optics.

Now at 59, my eyesight isn't what it use to be. Looking for a longer reach in optics, I discovered the new line of Leupold VX-6 6:1 Zoom 3-18 power scopes! With the latest optical technical developments incorporated into the VX-6 line, along with a wide 6x variable zoom capability, I found the scope to fit my needs well. I delayed my purchase a few months, waiting for some field reviews to appear on the net, but guess it is too new as very few are out there as of my review here. Well, with the satisfaction I previously had with Leupold products, their great industry reputation, the Lifetime Warranty and the Made In The USA label, I made the purchase, literally, sight unseen.

The Leupold #115005 VX-6 3-18 50mm with Fine Duplex Reticle arrived in perfect condition. I choose a professional aluminum rail and mount system from Seekins Precision and bore sighted the scope at 50 yds. With the full 18 power zoom, I can now more accurately setup to 100yd. target. Shooting the re-load ballistics I settled on before, I was able to shoot a 5-round grouping of .242", or 1\4 MOA at 100 yards!! I'll be working up longer range ballistic data to submit to Leupold for my CDS (custom dial system) elevation turret that is a feature of this scope purchase. If I'm going to deer hunt, I want all my kills to be Accurate and Swift.

The 20.4oz scope weight allows me to easily handle my overall rifle assembly. I find the eye relief close to 6"(3 power) and a respectable 4" at full 18 power. Throughout the variable power zoom, the sight image is Very Bright, Clear and Sharp edge to edge. Color renditions are true and accurate as per available light. All control functions (diopter, zoom, turrets) are Tight and Precise. I thought there would be audible clicks to elevation and windage adjustments, but I guess being a hunting scope, they are quiet but positive. The side focus Parallax control works very well and smooth, keeping the reticle plane solid at distance while moving your head around the field of view. During late dusk, towards a large dark silhouetted oak tree with only a dim blue sky background, this Leupold was able to differentiate at 18 power the leaves and branches, details I couldn't see myself. The fine duplex reticle assist in excellent shot placement without being intrusive or detracting in the field of view.

Overall, this isn't an inexpensive scope, but certainly not at the top end optic price points. I feel my research and wait has paid off in a Well Built, High Performance, Competitive Priced Investment that should last me my lifetime in our American Hunting Sport!
]

After my net postings above, I have gone to the range with my re-loads and shot exact dope adjustments out to 600yds (200-300-400-500-600), gave to Leupold and have already received my Custom CDS elevation dial. During this long range activity, my 3 - 600yd shots (1st time at over 100yd load work) were..."2" X ring (3" center) and "1" 10 ring (6" center) for an overall 1\2 MOA! Seems my new custom rifle shoots as good as it looks. The Leupold 3-18 6-power Zoom Range is Great and due to the VX-6 Clarity and Sharpness, even I was surprised at it's valuable assistance in making such long range shot accuracy...Deer will never know what him em'!!

Hope the above info helps...Ted