• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Luminox & bands

Glock45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
south-central WI, USA
Hello all,

Anyone here deal Luminox watches? Well. . interested in a watch, but more particularly, a new band for my ever reliable current watch. This has to be the third band I've gone through. Wish the bands were as tough as the watches.

Thank in advance!

-G45

Re: Luminox & bands

My friends shop, suppressed tactical solutions has them. One of the guys is sotexhunter here on the forum. I think I spelt the name right.

+1 on Maratec watch bands, I get mine at The Watch Prince. http://www.thewatchprince.com/

What I don't recommend is the Luminox watches. I have one and while it's nice and bright, it's had issues with setting the watch/date. I think there are much better watches available for the same or less money. I have a Seiko SKX171 that I wouldn't trade for the world. While Seiko watches don't have tritium, their automatic watches have one of the best automatic components made and honestly mine keeps better time than my Bell & Ross, Fortis, or Omega. Seiko kicks ass.

If you want to go with original equip. on the band and you can't find one on here, Luminox sells them.. The one I bought was $25.00 My new (June '12) watch is a lot better than my first, which was 12 or 14 years old.

Thanks everyone!! Glad to know there are more watch geeks out there. I got a Maratec type band today. A bit different feeling wearing it, but it feels as though it'll be more sturdy.

Thanks again for the responses, they were all helpful. Now . .. .which Luminox do I buy next!?
crazy.gif

G45

I think you'll like it, I find them rather comfortable. Just throw it in the wash now and then, it'll keep it from getting too stinky;)