• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Luna Optics IR Illuminator EIR-3 ELIR-3 Remote Pressure Switch

MODArmory – Nicole

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Find these products on our company website:Luna Optics IR Illuminator EIR-3 ELIR-3 Remote Pressure Switch - $99.99 : MODArmory, For All your Defense Needs

Luna Optics IR Illuminator EIR-3 ELIR-3 Remote Pressure Switch
Cost: $99.99

Provides reliable remote activation for your Luna Optics IR Illuminator. The Tailcap module screws into the rear of the IR Illuminator. Integrates with the Surefire UE07 Scout Remote pressure switch for a 7" cable length. The Luna Optics adapter fits the following Luna Optics IR Illuminator:
•LN-EIR-3
•LN-ELIR-3

Adapter Made in USA

Luna Optics IR Illuminator EIR-3 ELIR-3 Remote Pressure Switch - Adapter

Adapter Only - does not include remote tape switch

Cost: $29.99

**Currently the adapter only is not pictured. We will have a picture posted Monday**
Provides reliable remote activation for your Luna Optics IR Illuminator. The Tailcap module screws into the rear of the IR Illuminator. Integrates with the Surefire Scout UE07 Remote Pressure Switch. Due to the versatility of the ST Remote pressure switch from Surefire an individual can also incorporate the Surefire SR07, SR09 & SR-D-IT switch. Now control your Luna Optics IR Illuminator and Insight Technologies or Laser Devices product.

Fits the following Luna Optics IR Illuminator:
•LN-EIR-3
•LN-ELIR-3

Adapter Made in USA

There's one on E-Bay for $99, just the end-cap no Surefire switch included. Looks like Luna makes their own though, won't integrate with the Surefire switches..................but are pretty much available through B&H, Optics Planet, etc. I've never really found the need for the temporary on/off but needs vary.

I wasn’t interested in the cheap looking Luna switch and want the surefire one so I can use a taps pro with mine.

I contacted mod armory and they only did the one run of them and no one has any left for sale. They said they’d only be interested in doing another run if it was a big batch. So I called and spoke with Vlad at Luna optics about a month ago @ 972-722-1100. He said that he wanted do do anothe run and was going to contact mod armory about getting some more made. I haven’t followed up with him yet but maybe if enough of us call it will persuade him to get a batch made again.

Mod Armory was easy to work with. Told Nicole I saw the ELIR-LN-3 on another site for a cheaper price. Sure enough they gave me a great deal. Got the pressure switch and optic inside of 5 days with free shipping. Cant ask for more than that.

Does your pressure switch look like the one at the top of this thread that uses the surefire switch? Can you post a picture of it?

Are these the ones with the surefire back end? Or just the pressure switch and tail cap?... I thought the adapter only was the one I needed

Yeah not sure what all those words mean ... I thought you were looking for the pressure switch for the ELIR-3 :)

Oh sorry

I am looking for the pressure switch, but was trying to see if I can get my hands on one of the ones with the surefire plug I the back end.

The picture on Amazon looks like the one I am after I believe but I am not sure that's actually the one that comes.... Because the picture on OP is the standard Luna model I believe

The link Wig sent you is the pressure switch that came with my ELIR-LN-3 when I ordered it from Mod Armory.
It has given me no problems. And I use it a lot.

@CBDR you referring to the Amazon link looking like the one you have? If so does it in fact have the plug in vs being a solid connection?

The one on Amazon picture looks like it's the one with the surefire plug in the back, where as the one on OP picture looks like it's the standard Luna one that is a solid connection.

I found one place that has it in the description that it used the surefire connections, so maybe I should try that. Never heard of this place though..

Thanks wig, I may do that

I went ahead last night and ordered one each from Amazon and outdoorsbay

So I'll see if either of them come as what's advertised or if they come as the curled cord direct connection version.

If neither of them come as the surefire version then I'll try calling them to try and understand the change in design

Just a guess, but looks like two different products to me. And probably the non-surefire version is the older/original version.

Yes they are certainly two different products but both sold under the same luna part number designation from what I can tell
LN-PSW

The only other part number I could find was for the adapter only
LN-PSW-SA

Haha ,they need to improve their part numbering system. I could help them with that !!! :LOL:

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Curious if anyone has found out where to get these again?
There is a lot of confusion out there with Outdoor Bay, Optics Planet, B&H etc where they show the Luna/Surefire adapter photo but when they ship you get a Luna made pressure switch that does not allow you the ability to put Surefire Tailcaps onto a Luna. In the summer of 2018 Mod Armory ran another batch of the Luna/Surefire adapters for Vlad at Luna Optics. These adapters are not shown on Luna Optics Website, however you can purchase these adapters by calling Vlad at Luna Optics, and I know Robert at JRH Enterprises carries them as well. Additionally, I would say Jay at SureShot can quickly get these for someone as well.

I have had very good luck and performance by taking the Luna ELIR-3, putting the Luna/Surefire adapter with a Surefire DS00 tailcap on it and then using a Taps Pro or Taps Sync and "marrying" the Luna ELIR-3 to Dbal A3 such that with 1 press of a button you have a full powered laser based Illuminator activating with the 0.7 mW IR Pointer of the Dbal A3 superimposed in the beam of the Illuminator. This produces a very nice beam whereby the IR Pointer is a nice crisp dot that is not all bloomed out.

You could also do the same with any other Civi LAMS's that use Crane Style remote sockets where you can use the Taps Pro, Taps Sync and yet to be released Unity Hot Button to activate both devices.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: M4RN
Anyone looking for these can have any Luna distributor order as a drop ship.

Vladamir informed me today that he has them in stock as the adapter only for the surefire plug

LN-PSW-SA is the part number that will need to be ordered from Luna

Apparently all the complete units come as the molded in tailcap to pressure pad now

Hope it helps anyone else

Thanks guys

So Vladimir was a guy you talked to at Luna !?

Very good Mr Plinkit !!

And what's the surefire part number(s) we can use with it ? :D

All of the Tailcaps that fit the Surefire Scout Model works with the Luna/Surefire Adapter.

Also, for anyone interested, these CR123 Rechargeable Batteries work very well in the Luna ELIR-3. I have been run the following batteries in my Luna's for a long time. They give me a very long run time. On par or better than conventional primary CR124 even though the mAh only appears to be about 1/2 of the conventional primary CR123's the chemistry in the rechargeables performs just as well as the 1400 mAh primary's do.

So Vladimir was a guy you talked to at Luna !?

Very good Mr Plinkit !!

Yes sir, I didn't call for anyone in specific. Just called to see if they could help me after having called a couple vendors with no luck. Mr Vladamir was the one that answered the phone. When I started trying to explain what I was looking for he immediately understood what I was after and informed me that the adapter was to be only the adapter. I also know he had b&h photo fix their picture of the specific unit as when he was trying to find me one online in stock he noticed the same picture I had seen before being wrong. It is correct now.
luna_optics_ln_psw_sa_pressure_switch_surefire_adapter_1573596975000_1485187.jpg

1573596975000_IMG_1275099.jpg

(On a side note Mr Vladamir was very helpful and I feel like went out of his way to get me squared away in short order even though I couldn't order anything from him directly)

Like @WhereNow&How said on the surefire stuff... Most anything with their plug should work (UE07, SR07, SR09 & SR-D-IT are all called by name on one old listing) also the tnvc taps units mentioned above will be compatible to tie it and a laser together.

Ok, I might need some of these adapters ! But I can't order from Luna? Who are u ordering from ??
I guess Optix Planet is a luna dealer ?

Apparently any Luna distributor can order them as a "drop ship" item

I am certain there are other vendors that can handle this, but after Mr Vladamir got things in order with B&H I ended up ordering through them as a drop ship

Was relatively painless once I explained it to the person I ended up on the phone with

Reactions: wigwamitus