• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lupey 6x M4

KIDGLOCK

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2006
FREE STATE WYOMING
I just got a Mark 4 M-3 6x in trade ,cant seem to find any info about this at Leupold's site , or for that matter anywhere else .
It has Duplex ret, with M118 cal. elevation knob .

Dont really have a plan as to what to do with it , maybe put it on an 110 .223 coyote rifle , or sell it for coke and hookers
laugh.gif

Any one running one ?? What is it on . ( it could be a spare for the AR , a fast double on yotes ) ..........

Re: Lupey 6x M4

Had one for several years. Leupold made the Mk 4 in 6X, 10X, and 16X. They dropped the 6X years ago. It is a good solid scope and has lots of elevation. It should make a great coyote scope.

Good luck

Jerry

I saw one of those at a gun show a long time ago, I think it was just like one of the "straight power" scopes they make now - the 6x42 M8 or whatever they call them, with an elevation dial calibrated for .308 ammo.

m118 on the dial probably means it's calibrated for m118 .308.

Here's a little info on them.

There's not much total (around 70) elevation travel but it starts near the bottom so you should have 60 minutes or so "up" adjustment. You may need a flat base to be able to zero them. (at 100 yds)

The calibration dials may not really match what they say. You'd have to experiment with them.

I have two of them, one on a H-K 91, the other an M1A. These are both my zombie repelling rifles.

They used to go for around $500-600 a few years back. Not sure now, but probably close to that.

Let's see, the M3 came in 6x and 10x and the M1 came in 10x and 16x. Might have been a 20x in there for the M1 also but I've never seen one or have seen any literature about them.

6xII.jpg
6x.jpg

I have shot with one in the past and they are very nice, mid-range scopes. While Leupold was making them, I often recommended them to people looking to scope HK91 type rifles as they are very well suited to scopes on those rifles.

They are nice scopes...just not enough magnification for some folks (so they think).

I had plenty of elevation with mine on a flat base. Took my .270 Winchester out to 800 yards several times. I think magnification is going to be an issue before elevation on most modern cartridges. YMMV

Good Luck

Jerry