• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lupua testing

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Thinking about sending my stock CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer out Is it worth it ? Most guys I see using the testing center run customs of some sort

You don’t need to buy 2 cases so $1100 should do it. Look at today’s prices for good match ammo.

Im in az so i went to the test center in mesa az. I learned alot but couldn't afford to buy what shot best in my rifle, funny thing is the ammo i took to test shot better than any lot they had,it was the old wolf ammo made at the same plant lapua is made. And the best part is i have around 12,000 rnds of it. I have to go again for the new v22 but dam its like everything I shoot in it just stacks them on top of each other, but , its is a very good learning experience and you learn about your rifle. Thats my 2 cents go for it. Pay 50 bucks and shoot every lot they have, if you wish.

Forgot to mention what i had tested
It was a supergrade kidd 1022 and a custom cz455 the kidd lives the wolf i brought to be tested and the cz shot like crap on lot they had. Sold the cz and got a v22 and never looked back.

I’m find with buying the ammo just wondering it’s worth it or buy a better barrel first. Here’s what I have now pending on ammo I’d say my gun is 1/2-3/4 “ gun at 50 yds using good match ammo. At 100 yds 1 1/2“ at best most 2 or more so what’s a reasonable improvement you guys see after lot testing? Can you cut that in half , third or 25%? Just curious

Another way is buy 1,2,3,4 different lots of some ammo and see which works best in your rifle then call lapua if its lapua ammo and see if they still have that lot number, also if a lot that shoots good,you can contact target sports, champions choice, or goodshooting.com and see if they have that lot number... 22s are picky as you know.

Or if money is no issue then just get a voduu and buy any match grade ammo ,and letter eat i have shot 4-5 diff sk brands and same with lapua and it shoots one ragged hole,if i do my part.

Or if money is no issue then just get a voduu and buy any match grade ammo ,and letter eat i have shot 4-5 diff sk brands and same with lapua and it shoots one ragged hole,if i do my part.
There is no such thing as a rifle that will shoot every ammo well. Not all lots of the same ammo will shoot the same. And no rifle will outshoot the ammo used.

The "if i do my part" thing typically means that either the ammo is inconsistent or the rifle is inconsistent. In a top level rifle with a good barrel, the fault invariably lays with the ammo.

The name on the box of ammo is not a guarantee that it will shoot well in a particular rifle, even if it's a good one. This is why shooters test ammo at ammo testing facilities such as those of Lapua.

It depends on what you consider accurate or consistant my vudoo seems to shoot any match grade ammo way more consistent and accurate than what my kidd supergrade will do,its a bit more picky, find what shoots good then stick with it ive been down that rabbit hole with the new barrel new trigger blah blah blah, find what it likes then hope and try to get as much of that ammo as you can.