• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns LWD 40-9 conversion for Glock 22

Scotty22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Katy, Texas USA
I bought a LWD 40-9 barrel conversion used for my gen3 Glock 22 and my guide rod is two short to fit the tension grooves on the barrel. I bought the barrel used the guy said it would work in a 22 ( he used it in a 23 and 34 so he said) and everything fits except the guide rod. Could it be that maybe his gun was a gen4 or am I missing something here? Do I need an aftermarket guide rod to get this to work? Sorry I am new to Glocks and there modifications. I called lone wolf dis. today and could not get a hold of anyone in customer service so I am resorting to asking the good people of the Hide.

How long is the barrel? You shouldn't need an aftermarket guide rod or spring. I just got one for my 35 and it works fine with both factory Gen 4 and aftermarket steel guide rods. Could you post some pics?

Here are done pictures of my dilemma, any ideas as to why the spring grooves would be lined up different?
11viijn.jpg

2911bh4.jpg

qn7491.jpg

2ld7xax.jpg