• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC 308

feely1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2007
Texas, USA
I am considering purchasing the LWRC 308. Does anyone have experience with both the LWRC rifle and the POF. Is the LWRC worth the additional cost and if so why?

Re: LWRC 308

I have had a 16" LWRC Repr and so far I like it a lot. I did have a problem of the gas adjust knob sticking but that was not a big deal, easy fix. It seems to be pretty accurate, have not sighted in with a scope I have a Aimpoint Comp M4 that I use for wild hogs in conjunction with an ITT pvs 14 night vision scope. It does a great job on them. One day I will get a scope set up and take it out and see how it does for some precision work.

I currently have both- The repr is for sale, BTW.
I had some issues with the repr- I think I got a bum upper upper, so they sent me a new one. (I have 3 LWRC's and their cs is awesome.) I haven't shot it, so I can't really report about its accuracy, etc. Others seem to like theirs. I know that there are some issues with the magazines that shipped with the guns. LWRC claims to be working that out.

The POF shoots really straight and reliably (with the right mags). I think that their rail system is an over-designed P.O.S. It wasn't straight when I got it and it came loose on me yesterday at the range. Plus it sits too high. The rail bolts onto the receiver instead of being milled into it.
The LWRC has <span style="text-decoration: underline">way</span> better fit and finish. The fit between the upper and lower is better, and the entire gun just feels well made.

Sold a DPMS SASS two days ago and am really wanting to make the right decision on it's replacement. Thanks for the help.

I got one on order... if it's anything like my other LWRC products I'll keep it and all my Glocks till I'm dead and gone.

I have shoot a 20" Repr and a far as accuracy, it shot extremly well. The gas abjust knob did stick and was a easy fix. Would be a good choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I currently have both- The repr is for sale, BTW.
I had some issues with the repr- I think I got a bum upper upper, so they sent me a new one. (I have 3 LWRC's and their cs is awesome.) I haven't shot it, so I can't really report about its accuracy, etc. Others seem to like theirs. I know that there are some issues with the magazines that shipped with the guns. LWRC claims to be working that out.

The POF shoots really straight and reliably (with the right mags). I think that their rail system is an over-designed P.O.S. It wasn't straight when I got it and it came loose on me yesterday at the range. Plus it sits too high. The rail bolts onto the receiver instead of being milled into it.
The LWRC has <span style="text-decoration: underline">way</span> better fit and finish. The fit between the upper and lower is better, and the entire gun just feels well made.
</div></div>

Then why is the LWRC for sale and the POF is not? My LWRC .223's have shot great, if you haven't even really gotten it out to try out with a scope and such, then how do you really know?

Why did you sell the SASS? (Not bashing, just curious as I have heard good reviews from people who owned them)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then why is the LWRC for sale and the POF is not? My LWRC .223's have shot great, if you haven't even really gotten it out to try out with a scope and such, then how do you really know?</div></div>

ADD? I want to try the new upper, but I think it will be easier to sell if I don't shoot it. I am funding a custom 308 semi-build by APA. The POF will probably eventually go as well.

The DPMS was my demo gun for 30 cal silencers. It had a SCAR HSD and a Nightforce scope. Sold the lot for 5200.00 to someone who had to have it. The rifle shot well and I could replace it relatively easy. There is a lot of new stuff out there, but I like to hear what people have to say about it. I have seen some Knights rifles lately and have heard they are better than all mentioned.

Ive shot a knights rifle it was basically the civi version of the M110 sass. wasnt to impressed with the fitment of lower to upper. The accuracy was decent.

There are better platform out there.

POW and LWRC are top of the line. I went from a 20" upper down to the 16" on my REPR and liking it a whole lot more. Will get accuracy test this weekend I hope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive shot a knights rifle it was basically the civi version of the M110 sass. wasnt to impressed with the fitment of lower to upper. The accuracy was decent.

There are better platform out there.

POW and LWRC are top of the line. I went from a 20" upper down to the 16" on my REPR and liking it a whole lot more. Will get accuracy test this weekend I hope. </div></div>

Apparently the current KAC .308 semis are much improved over previous generation SR25s. I have one of the new-generation KAC SR25 Enhanced Match Carbines (16") on order and the buzz I'm hearing from serious end-users is encouraging. Of course, I'll post an update when I've actually beat up my rifle a bit.

I had both a Larue OBR and a LWRCi REPR. I sold them both.

The Larue ran great and was assembled with love, but the top rail is simply too high for a good cheekweld without the use of some sort of stock riser. Since a riser either pushes you back on the stock (PRS) or interferes with the charging handle, this just did not work for me.

The REPR has its share of teething problems, and I decided I just did not need a piston on a precision semiauto.

I've got the LWRC M6A3 ( the .556 version of the REPR, basically, with the adjustable gas block ) and it's fantastic. Ordering another A3 upper in the next week, as soon as payment for a sale comes through. I played with a REPR at a shop recently, and if I can ever afford to fling .308 ammo about like rice at a wedding then it's going to be coming from a REPR. LWRC products are fantastic. Have heard that the CProducts mags sent with some weren't great, but they are saying on the LWRC forum that they are squaring that issue away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Larue ran great and was assembled with love, but the top rail is simply too high for a good cheekweld without the use of some sort of stock riser. Since a riser either pushes you back on the stock (PRS) or interferes with the charging handle, this just did not work for me.</div></div>I haven't been researching very deeply on the OBR, but I guess this explains why they made that riser for the CTR. That CTR riser idea is way too goofy, IMO. Way too much of a band aid fix if you ask me.

Well that kinda turns me off about the OBR now.

I have a POF 308 that shoots great. Under an inch for 5 shots off a bipod. It will probaly shoot under .75 in the right hands.

I have heard at least 2 reports of very poor accuracy from the REPR. The REPR has a nice slim forend, but is heavier than the POF by a decent amount. ( I haven't weighed them, just handled a few)

-dan

Friend of mine has the REPR. His had to go back to LWRC for failure to eject issues. I shot it when it came back and I have to admit I was impressed with the accuracy. I liked it.

Lee.

I have a LWRC M6A2 16.1" in 5.56NATO and have been very happy with it. Can shot 2 MOA or better from standing with a cinched sling, and under 1 MOA with bipod. The NiCorr coating makes cleaning so easy that if you cleaned it right after shooting; you could almost just wipe it down without solvent...almost. Compared it to my friend's SIG-556, also piston gun, and with shooting the same ammo...my LWRC was cleaner and functioned without problems after 300+ rounds.

The absolute only complaint I have is that the piston assembly is difficult to disassemble when new, but loosens up after a while and isn't a problem.

Magpul Masada and Robinson XCR looking interesting.