• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC M6A3??

PETEJRV

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2006
Sturgis South Dakota
www.corbon.com
I just bought a LWCR M6A3 and was woundering if anyone has any thoughts about this model.This is the one that has the adj gas system. It's a 16.0in bbl in 5.56.

Thanks Pete

Re: LWRC M6A3??

I have the M6A2 and love it...but would like to acquire an A3 and the upcoming 308 gun from LWRC. Quality is unmatched.

Your model should have the bolt upgrade, it might have the sling mounts in the rail, plus it has that good for all situations adj gas system.

Their guns already offer ALOT (big price tag but you get so much) of bang for the buck and they are constantly refining and improving their systems.

Good choice on a weapon!

I also have a LWRC M6A2 model in 6.8mm and it is a joy to shoot. The LWRC model has about everything that I would want to put on an AR and when it is all said and done the price would be the same if you started with a base M4 and ended with all the items LWRC puts into their rifles.

Great rifle if you don't mind the fact that LWRC was founded on lying, impersonating military officers, and shilling on forums. The M6 isn't better than other rifles on the market so I'd rather give my money to an honest company.

858 did that have anything to do with their possible reorganization, relocation, and slight name change?

I am unsure of the reorganization and relocation, thought I read that somewhere, but I know they dropped the "i" from the original LWRCi...it seems as if they tried to 'turn over a new leaf' lately, I never knew or heard why...

I admit I do not know much about their history, but my experience with their current products, and their online forum, has been solid...

Sure, that was one reason. They had a horrible name after Paul got caught. However, Paul is clearly back int he firearms industry and his exit from LWRC was a bit murky. There were plenty of other problems so regardless of PLW's standing I think I'd buy from another company.

By the way, I'd like to know if PLW ever went to jail. I've heard claims that he did but it's hard to get an FFL as a felon.

im not too in tune with their history and such but i have an M6A3 and i love it... im sure you will too...

PLW and LWRC have absolutely nothing to do with each other now. PLW was bought out by the employees. They now own the company and run that shit like a well oiled machine. I don't know what PLW did, but I do know the customer service and the product are awesome to say the least.

If you're looking for an "honest" company then LWRC is that company. No, I do not work for their company, but I do own their products and have dealt with the company. They will fix any problem they have and it is unfortunate that people talk shit about the OLD company and try to turn people away from the new.

I have a M6A2 as well as an A3 and a REPR (SABR) on order. The A3 is one of the finest AR-type rifles I've ever seen and I ran a HK416 for over 2 yrs. As previously posted, they are constantly upgrading their systems. The new one piece BC is the nicest I've ever seen.

I understand the poster that has issues with the company of the PLW days, but I don't think it is fair to take that attitude with a company that is not the same as that one- different name and ownership. They are owned by Matech, an extremely reputable defense contractor- they make the standard issue BUIS for the Army. These guy are making a good gun now and not dealing with them because of a guy that essentially owned a whole different company is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Rem700 and KevP thanks for filling in some details about the transformation...I had read some post somewhere on another forum a long time back but could not recall them for a clarification in the earlier post.

Yep the new and the old company have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The current owners and staff despise the Paul of old. He is still out there, but has zero influence with the current company.

858 is as well informed as one would expect a "thug-pimp" to be, and just as willing to expound in order to exhibit his ignorance, apparently.

LWRCI is an excellent company, turning out some of the best products available. I have personal experience with several rifles and their CS, and am very pleased with both. The A3 is my hog-hunting, day-to-day truck gun. It seldom gets cleaned, and never gets shot unsuppressed. It runs like a Swiss Watch, and screams of quality. The new bolt carrier is a work of art. You will not be disappointed with your new rifle, and should be proud of the company that made it! If you ever decide you don't need it, let me know - I'll probably be interested in buying it!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
858 is as well informed as one would expect a "thug-pimp" to be, and just as willing to expound in order to exhibit his ignorance, apparently.
</div></div>

I was around for Hipfiredgun, were you? Like I said, there are plenty of rifles to choose from so I don't need to buy from a company founded on lies.

I also recall Jesse calling me an asshole for saying the MRS was vaporware. What an asshole I turned out to be huh? No, you're right, I just fell off the turnip truck.

I don't really care who owns LWRC now, it changes nothing.

It is my understanding that the company is NOT owned by Matech, rather the owners of Matech now own LWRCI. While the name is the similar, the company has NO relation the founder in question. In fact, the company assets changed ownership twice since PLW was pushed out.

PLw was in jail for a time, but was released. Seems ICE dropped the ball.

"The past is past", Clem. Joe Dirt.
Don't pay no never mind to all that junk back then, the company has lots of good folk working hard to build a great product now. You get alot for your dollar when you compare to the competition.
And, their stuff has put down bad guys downrange. That right there ought to make any Patriot feel all better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, their stuff has put down bad guys downrange</div></div>

This was a HUGE part of the problem in the companies past, claims like this.

PLW was going around masquerading as an employee of USSOCOM using the alias "HipFiredGun". Lots of talk about 'military testing', 'units using LW's stuff', 'we are testing the stuff here' (here being a McDill AFB
wink.gif
). I got countless PM's from him/it on ARFCOM making all kinds of wild claims. At the time I had no reason to discount any of them until one day the admin's on ARF found at the PLW (who lived in VA) and HFG (who allegedly worked at McDill) were posting FROM THE SAME IP ADDRESS. FAIL.

Shortly after HFG was outed as being one in the same as PLW, it then became LWRC's stated policy that these types of claims would be quashed. Perhaps that 'policy' didn't last very long
grin.gif

Who exactly told you that? Last I heard, the Tier 1 units were still rolling with the HK416.

This is not to say that they don't make fine weapons, but if they are going back down the road they went do before saying 'Secret Squirrel Unit GAMMA' is using our stuff, well...just sayin'. That came back to bite them on the ass. Like the LW .499. And the MRS as 858 so astutely pointed out above.

Everyone acts like a gas-piston is something new in the AR platform, and its the best thing since sliced toast. I would argue that most people are served just fine with a DI weapon. Now if you run a SBR or a can or both for that matter, the piston has a clear advantage.

Totally concur with the previous poster, but I do not attribrute claims like that to a company unless I directly hear them or see them in print. I have never heard any of those guys make any claims like that. Only direct military involvement I've heard was submission of the M6A4 for the USMC solicitation.

Too many wannabe commandos out there that see catalogue pictures, etc. and make the leap. Next thing you know all kinds of "tales of intrique" are making the rounds via electron.

I've spent ALOT of time speaking with LWRCi about their products and not once have they said to me that the US military is currently taking out bad guys with their products. So if PLW used to do it. LWRCi does not.

They are proud of the fact that they did get approval from the DEA to have their guns purchased by the agents as personal duty rifles. I'm not going to say this makes LWRCi the best AR manufacturer, but it does show that their products are being noticed by LEO.

"Who exactly told you that?"

Oh, I don't know; myself. And some others.
I never wrote claiming the company, past or present, said anything.
And I do not doubt one bit that what ya'll mention is true.
However...there are over 6 BILLION people on this planet and there is no way one can positively know what any and all of them are doing. And what equipment they are doing it with.
Darn, ending with a preposition, English majors are aghast.
Oh well, enough of this waste of time, time to go do something useful like hit the range.

Also, has anyone thought of the fact that maybe, just maybe, contractors in the AOR are using LWRC pieces? And they do kill bad guys too...just something to think about.

So back to the topic............I have a M6A3 as well and love it. I have only had 1 FTF in thousands of rounds. My first round. It was due to the PMAG. Since then I have used 10 HK mags and the thing has run like a top. And I abuse my rifle. I drag it around, and do as many mag dumps and failure to stop drills as I can. Solid, dependable, and accurate as well. I put a Trijicon RCO on top and she's pretty damn accurate as well. I love it. The customer service is top notch as well. They do take care of their customers if they have a problem. I would DEFINITELY give my money to LWRC again.