• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR SIDE CHARGING HANDLE MOD FOR FOLDER

charger23

Captain Hinessight
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
Dallas
There was a guy on the LWRC forum that produced a folding charging handle for the LWRC REPR. Does anybody know him or know of a mod for this? Love the side charging handle but wish it was more streamlined. Any help or direction appreciated. The picture attached is the one he was producing. His handle was Mountainman I think

Attachments

• wvegef.jpg
    wvegef.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 400
I remember that being discussed, but can't remember why they decided not to produce it. What happened to the LWRC forum?

I remember you from their forum. I have no idea. It was a decent forum. Wish I could make this happen. Might have to take a shot at machining one myself. I have the equipment.

Bump. Does anyone on here know this guy? He's on the ACR forum under handle Mountainman. I've tried to email him a couple times, no idea if its an active account or not.

[email protected]

I remember that thread. I believe he was going to produce them but it fizzled. Reps at LWRC mentioned that they had a version in the works but that never came to fruition either (shocker). If someone ever made one that worked well I'd buy four of them.

When the LWRC was down for the first few days I emailed Logan Betterton to inquire as to whether they killed it or what. He told me that they were updating things and that it would be back but no ETA. Months went by. I inquired again with the same response. I think it's dead for keeps.

Too bad. Once a pretty sweet company, seems to have fallen off a cliff.

I believe the basis for all of theses are inch FAL folding charging handles and the guy mentioned had a business making those handles fit on metric FALs without the Para cut upper.

It's not rocket science but probably too much trouble to set up for making one.

I would agree, even though I told him I'd gladly pay 100.00 for a single if it was worth it, likely not. His email is no longer active or he doesn't want to respond. If i could find the inch FAL handle I bet i could get it done myself, but I can't even find that.

Reactions: Master of none
It is his. I'm exchanging with him on the Falfiles forum begging him to make me this mod. Hopefully he will oblige.

It might. I will let him know. I don't think if I ordered 10 I'd have a hard time selling them.

Moon cake, after telling him I had takers for 5 he started responding with more enthusiasm. I might have to start a new thread to gauge public interest. Know anyone else who would want one?

Let me know if you guys can ask LWRC buddies. I am sending him dimensions from mine today or tomorrow. He sounds motivated now. I hope to have a sample or prototype in my hands sooner than later.

I had offered to pay 100.00 for a single unit but I'm hoping to get them for 75.00 each if we can get a few people together and make an order. I just gave him the info he needs to proceed.

Most likely thing to happen is I'll have to buy at least 5 if not more to get him to do anything. I may just get a consensus here and collect everyones info and cash and redistribute myself. If he charges me 80 each then I can sell them to you guys for 90 each shipped UPS. Would that be agreeable to all?

I'd be in for one. And have a couple of friends that I think still own REPRs, so will ask.

After a little more back and forth ive been informed he won’t be able to start this project for about a month so I will report back when there is more to tell.

Reactions: Fongman
Well I heard back today and he wants to order materials so maybe this will happen sooner than later. Can you guys give me a firm number of how many units you’d be in for? If I’m frontin the cash for everyone I’d really like to be on target. Please PM me with your number.

Thanks for the replies guys. Spoke with Mr Wizman today, he is going to join the forum and takeover the process where we can order directly from him and take me out of the middle which I am glad to oblige. I told him to take over this thread so hopefully we hear from him soon. Stay tuned.

OK guys time to get down to business and see how many people interested so I can order some material. Will take at least 15 pcs for this to be worthwhile to make. Prices will be $80 a pc if I can't get more than 15 pcs demand. If I can get more demand than 15 pcs $75 each. If I get more than 20 pcs demand then $70 a pc. Prices include shipping. Lets make a list with the names of all takers and move from there. I've already got the knobs, pivots, plungers and springs and hopefully enough lugs made. All those parts 4140 pre hardened steel parkerized. Charger body will be 7075 anodized.

Reactions: agbm and Vortex
Which one of you secretly has Facebook and can post? No judgement. I sent a few PMs to IG and Youtube users and Fongman posted on ARFCOM. Hoping some of them might join the forum and chime in...

Last edited:
I could send Lagan Betterton an email — if he’s still with the company. Dunno if he could help or not.

I’m surprised only 4 guys want some of these.

I could send Lagan Betterton an email — if he’s still with the company. Dunno if he could help or not.

I’m surprised only 4 guys want some of these.

Might be worth calling and seeing if he's still there. Guys I knew are all gone.

I guess not too many REPR's out there. I don't think the company owners will be much help like the Forum owners were last time. Only thing we can do is give it some time.

There was a thread on ACR forum from years ago that I found on the google. Did that one ever happen MTNman? I joined to post a heads up in that forum but can’t PM. There was some more recent interest in that thread, might be worth pming a few interested parties if you can.

Buddy of mine just posted a link on the LWRC Facebook forum. Maybe we will pull some from there.

I just posted over on 308 AR about this group buy, maybe there will be some interest from there.