• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR

Buckoman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2008
Hatfield, Pa
SO my buddy bought an 18", put 200 rounds through it. Wants to sell it to me for 2800. Good deal? Should I do it?

Re: LWRC REPR

Alot better deal than the $3800 the 308's are going for at local shops. Wonder why he wants to unload it??

Pat

$2800 isn't a bad deal for one of those rifles, if you're OK with spending that much for a AR platform that isn't a custom rig. It's got some great features, as a number of guys on this site can attest. I'd say see if you and he can take that bad boy to the range one day and shoot together. If you like, buy it. If you're going to give a guy close to $3k for a rig, going out and shooting it together shouldn't be a very onerous request.

Good price for a great weapon indeed. I love my 20" REPR as it has not had any issues to date. It's a solid MOA gas piston gun that is backed by a great company with even better CS. Run it suppressed and see its true colors.... I'd jump on it and if you ever want to trade up for a 20" model hit me up (I'd like to run and gun a little more with mine and she's too heavy). Best of luck

I am currently waiting on a price from my dealer for that gun. So can't help you out in the comparison, but I am interested to know how it shoots and your opinion.

Short answer: yes, good price. most are asking $3000 to $3200 used, but I've seen a few used that came under the $3k mark recently.

Long answer: Know what you're buying. REPR's had 3 issues:
1) Magazine catch failure - due to a change of design from C Products which LWRC didn't know about. Those rifles that suffered were sent back and had a fix for free by LWRC. Reportedly great customer service, but still PIA if you had one of the non-functioning ones. New ones manufactured recently have no issues with magazines. Know whether the rifle you're purchasing has problem, and whether it's been fixed.
2) Gas knob switch sticks after getting hot from firing. Fix is supposedly a tool that turns the knob. Don't know if that was a fix, or a work-around. Not a problem on the range, but probably not ideal if your targets are shooting back at you.
3) Some recent posts about metal shavings between CAM pin and upper inner surface. Not a functional problem but noted by forum members.
This doesn't answer your question directly, but you'll learn a lot more on www.lwrci.com forum. There's a lot of used REPRs for sale there. Don't know what it means - maybe just fickle buyers. The used price went from $3500, to $3000 more recently. Mostly, due to a new product that started meeting demand through production; but hope that helps your perspective in your decision.
Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chalwie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Short answer: yes, good price. most are asking $3000 to $3200 used, but I've seen a few used that came under the $3k mark recently.

Long answer: Know what you're buying. REPR's had 3 issues:
1) Magazine catch failure - due to a change of design from C Products which LWRC didn't know about. Those rifles that suffered were sent back and had a fix for free by LWRC. Reportedly great customer service, but still PIA if you had one of the non-functioning ones. New ones manufactured recently have no issues with magazines. Know whether the rifle you're purchasing has problem, and whether it's been fixed.
2) Gas knob switch sticks after getting hot from firing. Fix is supposedly a tool that turns the knob. Don't know if that was a fix, or a work-around. Not a problem on the range, but probably not ideal if your targets are shooting back at you.
3) Some recent posts about metal shavings between CAM pin and upper inner surface. Not a functional problem but noted by forum members.
This doesn't answer your question directly, but you'll learn a lot more on www.lwrci.com forum. There's a lot of used REPRs for sale there. Don't know what it means - maybe just fickle buyers. The used price went from $3500, to $3000 more recently. Mostly, due to a new product that started meeting demand through production; but hope that helps your perspective in your decision.
Good luck. </div></div>

Chalwie,

Great post and summary of the known issues. I have a 20" REPR that was one of the first runs with the mag catch problem. I'd say that the new catch fixed 90% of the magazine issue in that the rifle runs reliably with PMAGs (90% of my shooting) and Knights mags (10%). However, it did not fix the slop/wiggle between the magazine and the well. This is more of a cosmetic issue since the mags feed reliably, and I've not been able to induce a failure by moving the mags during strings of fire.

As for the gas regulator, I bought the tool which seems to be a work-around. My rifle's regulator gets tight after about 100-200 rounds and requires the tool. However, this is not a big deal to me because the heat alone after 1 mag keeps me from turning the regulator with a bare hand.

I've not had the any problems with metal shavings after 1200 rounds.

In summary, the quoted price is very fair. An added bonus is that you do not have to worry that your buddy broke-in the barrel properly since it is CHF (provided that you believe in breaking in non-CHF barrels).

I shot it and its OK given its AR10. I'd put it a 1-1.5 MOA shooter. He's selling just to offload some extra merch. I'd say the price is a buddy favor. I like the idea of the on off gas switch as I'll be running supressed. Didn't know anything about the mag issue. I've put 3 mags through it with no problems. Thanks for the info, I'll toss it around a bit.

Chalwie -
Nice - my REPR experience problems #1 and #2.

I sent the REPR back to LWRC at their expense and they worked on it, now it only jams with CProducts magazines.
I had to disassemble the gas block to clean it. I seems they engineered the gas ports to flow through the spring and ball detent selector knob. This has the effect of gumming up the selector and makes it unable to move after about 500 rds - even with the little tool they sent me.
This is not such a bad task but you have to tap out a roll pin which gets pretty beat up, and not lose the ball and spring.

1 more issue.

Pmags rattle around in the mag well like a BB in a box car. Very very loose fit. Maybe 1" of movement.

Has anyone shot the REPR and the Armalite SASS? I ask because I have the Armalite and that would provide a good comparison for me. Thanks.

LWRC will have their own mags I believe (soon). The company won't let you down(again).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24kinnamon_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWRC will have their own mags I believe (soon). The company won't let you down(again).</div></div>

This was planned before the mag catch fix was developed, and dies were made for the magazines, but it looks like LWRC will not put these into production since Pmags are working so well with current and modified guns.

I've had a couple of REPRs. My initial impressions were good but after using them for a little while I found it to be lacking. Accurate but I wouldn't trust my life to one as far as reliability goes. I sold my last one for $2900 and was happy to see it go. I should have an LMT MWS in my hands next week.

I wanted one for a long time. After reading about all of these problems I definately don't want one anymore. Besides, paying 3k for that rifle is nuts.

Jump on the band wagon.... people will pay 3K or more for a quality bolt action but say 3k for a semi is crazy??? not to me... I prefer a battle rifle/assault rifle over a bench rifle for obvious reasons... volume of fire. Any rifle that is capable of MOA is good to go in my book. I don't feed into all the sub moa claims. LWRC has worked out almost all of the issues and their CS is top notch...

Most of the semi auto .308s that are priced over $2.5K will shoot sub MOA and my 20" REPR consistently returns 0.75 MOA with 175 grain Federal SMK. It would probably do a little better with the right handloads. There are a few more accurate DI systems out there such as the OBR and SR25 EMC which can exceed 0.5 MOA in the right hands. Finally, the MWS in its current factory configuration will approach 1 inch. I'm sure that it will do better with a better trigger and SS barrel. Bottom line - the price is fair and you'll get a great weapon system.

I am sure, I will catch hell for this... But from what I understand that is a good rifle.. Better yet, if it's in the price range check out knights - will be at least 3x (Used)-4x (New) that price for the Mod 0.

$2800 is a good price.... I would personally build/assemble something though.

FWIW

REPRs are the schizzle if you are going to run suppressed because they run clean and cool.

If you aren't going to a can, you will get better value going with a good DI set-up.

I had a custom AR10 that shot just over .5MOA that I sold to get the REPR. The REPR runs just over .75MOA. I have no regrets--takes me 15 minutes to clean.

I had an AR-10 match a few yrs. ago. wouldn't shoot MOA without match ammo, or hand loads. $2500 rifle. My $300 rem700 adl.270 shoots MOA all day long with 130gr corelockts. Needless to say I got my money back on the Armalite. Just my exp with the .308 AR platforms. All my .223 Ar's have shot MOA if I do my part. With the above rifle, and reading the post on common problems, I would spend my money elsewhere.

If you taken an objective look at this firearm, the first thing that comes to mind is its one of the only innovative approachs to this platform that I have seen in quiet awhile. The first thing you notice is the side receiver charging lever. Two things are possible because of this feature. One is its the only AR10 platform except for the JP that you can cycle the bolt without taking our eye out of the scope. The other is that you can turn down the gas adjustment for ultra precesion shots and cycle the bolt manually so you don't have the second recoil. Another thing for all you supressor guys, is that when you are shooting it in the manual mode, its quieter than when functioning as an auto loader. It has ambidextrous bolt release. It comes with a mag pole PRS stock and MIAD grip, a two stage Geissele trigger. The hand guard is small in diameter not like most of the quad rail hand guards. It has a unique feature, the top half opens up so you can access the gas piston assembly. It has a full profile barrell unlike the JP which should add to the stability. I received mine about two weeks ago, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Inspected the workmanship and in my opinion it is a innovated, well crafted work of engineering art. Things that have been pointed out are trivial at best. Twenty five years ago when we use to mil the carry handles off the upper receivers so we could mount picatinney rails on the uppers, if you had an AR platform that functioned throughtout the match you normally won. If a magazine falls out its normally the magazine is out of spec or the magazine catch is not engaging far enough, no big deal. When I received my rifle I got a wrench to adjust the gas block when it heats up. Looking forward to shooting my new RAPR next week, can't believe I will have any major issues. I wish I knew the guy who had two of them was going to get rid of them for $2900, and was happy to see the last one go, that would have saved me $600.00 LOL and I would have been even happier than I am now. I also want to thank LWRC, Barrett Rifles, JP Rifles and GA Precision for building auto loaders with magazine bullet buttons since I live in the Peoples Republic of.
DSCN0293.jpg

Just picked up a REPR a couple of weeks ago. It was in used/unfired condition and the price I paid was very reasonable. I agree with 6.5bwo as to all the good stuff about this platform. I fondled it for about a week B4 getting to the range. At the range, it performed flawlessly with Magpuls (provided). No issues with mag fit either. I fired only 27 rounds. Seven were sight-in and the other twenty were FGMM 168 grain. Four five shot groups, shot from a bipod, all fell into the 1 MOA range. All groups had at least three rounds touching. It has potential to be a shooter I am sure.
With the $$$ outlay required to own one, I can see that people would be picky about it. For me, only time will tell but, I am happy so far.