• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
Picked up my new 20" LWRC REPR last week. I was a little concerned if I made the right choice with my purchase as I had never put my hands on one in person. I did reach out to a couple folks hear on the hide that own them and got a lot of detailed feedback on the rifle. Based on that feedback I decided to make the purchase and I have to say it is a very nice rifle, fit and finish is very impressive!!

The side charging handle is a very impressive design and it is great when running the rifle while in the prone position. The adjustable gas block is very well thought out and works very well. It did get a little hard to turn after shooting it. However after a little research, I found an update on the LWRC forum with a "break-in"/lubrication process for the gas block adjuster and after doing that she is as smooth as silk. The Geissele trigger is great, as expected. For those of you who have owned a 308 DI rig and have been through the PITA cleaning process let me say the piston design is the ticket.

It shoots very well with a couple of different 175 SMK hand loads. I will say it did not like the 168 FGM load nearly as well as the 175 hand loads but with a 1 in 10" twist rate I would expect it to like the heavier bullets better. I plan on trying some subsonic loads very soon while running it with the gas block closed.

All in all a very well thought out and accurate gas rig. I would recommend it to anyone wanting an accurate 308 gasser, especially if they want to run it suppressed.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it performed, now I'm looking forward to reaching out a little further very soon.
grin.gif
More details to come.

Thanks,
Mike

Without the suppressor....

DSC_0631.jpg

Unsuppressed @ 100 yards...

175SMK.jpg

With the suppressor....

DSC_0635.jpg

Suppressed @ 100 yards....

175SMKsup.jpg

Re: LWRC REPR

Hey Bro- Glad you like it. I just completed loading 720 rounds of 178 amaxes over 44 gns varget with BR2s and BHA (Winnie) brass. I am QUITE confident in this load
smile.gif
Give it a shot, you will never shoot another 175 smk out of it.

E-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Bro- Glad you like it. I just completed loading 720 rounds of 178 amaxes over 44 gns varget with BR2s and BHA (Winnie) brass. I am QUITE confident in this load
smile.gif

E- </div></div>

Hey Eric, I will give that load a try for sure.

Thanks for the heads up,

Mike

Those are very cool. I only wish the price was a little more ressonable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Those are very cool. I only wish the price was a little more reasonable.</span> </div></div>

I understand what you're saying but as with anything else, you get what you pay for. Sometimes you can find a great deal on a POF or LWRC on Gunbroker.

Just remember when comparing prices. The 20 LWRC comes with a PRS stock, Geissele trigger and Troy BUIS. Goes a long way to justifying the price differential between a REPR and a POF 308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are very cool. I only wish the price was a little more ressonable. </div></div>

I agree they are pricey but I also feel like I got what I paid for.

Mike

I agree with 100% If the LWRC was around $2500, I would assume many more would be sold.

I would like to know if they stole the design from ADCOR, or vice versa.

Very nice! Can't wait to see it in person and send some rds down range. I hope I don't like it that much. That's all I need is another rig to put in the safe.

Can't wait.

Couple of questions for you, did you order the rifle with the surefire brake or did you install yourself?

Also did your rifle shift up to that higher circle or was that your intended POA when you added the suppressor?

Thanks

I installed the brake myself. The barrel is threaded 5/8-24 and the barrel contour has the correct OD. Getting the brake indexed properly was a bit of a pain as I sorted out which of the supplied shims to use. However, once I sorted out which shims to use I cleaned the threads with acetone and applied the "locktite" and that was it.

I am not going to judge the POI shift at this point due to the fact that I only had a few of these reloads with me at the time. The suppressed group was different load with 1 grain more powder than the unsuppressed load.

This was a quick trip to the range that will be more prepared next time. I am going to load more of both load and chrony each load as well as log the POI shift suppressed and unsuppressed for both loads. I was pleased to see that is shot both loads very well.

Hopefully I can provide a more detailed update on both loads this weekend on suppressed and unsuppressed.

Mike

Even if that was the same load that shift isn't too bad, but I have heard that the surefires are much better than most. I am working on getting my can as I type this, and then my last rifle purchase will probably be a 16" REPR. I have been really impressed with the REPRs and their customer service, the side charging handle is really nice.

We got the same setup except I went with a USO... Very happy with my REPR as well. Well done

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if that was the same load that shift isn't too bad, but I have heard that the surefires are much better than most. I am working on getting my can as I type this, and then my last rifle purchase will probably be a 16" REPR. I have been really impressed with the REPRs and their customer service, the side charging handle is really nice. </div></div>

I expect a much smaller POI shift with the same load. Based on running my Surefire can on a few bolt rigs I am hoping for a .5 moa shift.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Bro- Glad you like it. I just completed loading 720 rounds of 178 amaxes over 44 gns varget with BR2s and BHA (Winnie) brass. I am QUITE confident in this load
smile.gif

E- </div></div>19Scout77: that's my load for SMK175s and I just bought 500 Amax 178s to load as well. Glad to hear it works for you. I got about 250 pieces of brass from the BHA factory 175s to use. did you take the crimp out of the BHA primer pocket or just load them straight up? I'm using the Lee hand primer and found the BHA brass tougher to seat the BR2 primer into. BHA told me they started crimping the pockets two years ago.

Very Nice Rig!!!

Since loads came into the picture, what length (COL/OAL) are all of the 178 AMAX shooters using?

I have never had any luck running them at 2.800", I have always had to run them out closer to the lands, and when I got a length that was good for accuracy it was too long to run them out of a mag.

I just recently switched from 175 SMKs to the Hornady 178 Match BTHP bullets because with that bullet design they should do much better loaded at 2.800 and making the jump. Also, with a published BC of .530, there is not really anything else in that weight class with that kind of number.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

targaflorio none of my BHA brass has crimps

captrichardson 2.80" is working just fine with my 178s

Which magazine does the repr use? Does it use the dpms mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which magazine does the repr use? Does it use the dpms mags? </div></div>I use the Magpul Pmags. 20 rounds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Picked up my new 20" LWRC REPR last week. I was a little concerned if I made the right choice with my purchase as I had never put my hands on one in person. I did reach out to a couple folks hear on the hide that own them and got a lot of detailed feedback on the rifle. Based on that feedback I decided to make the purchase and I have to say it is a very nice rifle, fit and finish is very impressive!!

The side charging handle is a very impressive design and it is great when running the rifle while in the prone position. The adjustable gas block is very well thought out and works very well. It did get a little hard to turn after shooting it. However after a little research, I found an update on the LWRC forum with a "break-in"/lubrication process for the gas block adjuster and after doing that she is as smooth as silk. The Geissele trigger is great, as expected. For those of you who have owned a 308 DI rig and have been through the PITA cleaning process let me say the piston design is the ticket.

It shoots very well with a couple of different 175 SMK hand loads. I will say it did not like the 168 FGM load nearly as well as the 175 hand loads but with a 1 in 10" twist rate I would expect it to like the heavier bullets better. I plan on trying some subsonic loads very soon while running it with the gas block closed.

All in all a very well thought out and accurate gas rig. I would recommend it to anyone wanting an accurate 308 gasser, especially if they want to run it suppressed.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it performed, now I'm looking forward to reaching out a little further very soon.
grin.gif
More details to come.

Thanks,
Mike

Without the suppressor....

DSC_0631.jpg

Unsuppressed @ 100 yards...

175SMK.jpg

With the suppressor....

DSC_0635.jpg

Suppressed @ 100 yards....

175SMKsup.jpg

</div></div>I'm sorry, I can't tell what the suppressor is by the picture. All Surefire set up? Standard 7.62 version? Thanks!