• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC sold to Colt ?????

I agree, not sure how to feel. I do however like the chance of them moving this to Texas.

As a LWRC REPR owner I too am not sure how I feel about this. What does this mean the LWRC M6 Individual Carbine (M6IC) rifle will become a Colt branded product.

I feel the original LWRC rifles will be of higher value. Didn't we do this once before? Wouldn't give mine up.

Glad I got mine a while back. IMO this will cause a drop in quality, its pretty much to be expected when a small shop gets bought out by a big corporation.

I'm not a big Colt fan but hopefully they can keep the 6.8 going and possibly submit the correct SPCII specs to SAMMI.

It may be time to purchase a LWRC INTERNATIONAL M6-IC-SPR before it becomes the COLT M6-IC-SPR.

I hope the quality doesn't suffer because of the acquisition.

At least, the debates of Colt versus LWRC will cease to exist :D

Glad I got mine a while back. IMO this will cause a drop in quality, its pretty much to be expected when a small shop gets bought out by a big corporation.

I'm thinking it will mean better quality and lower prices.

It's really not a huge operation, about 2 hours from me. MD sucks... I hear they are leaving for sure, as is Beretta. Can't say I blame them and wish I could follow.

I live 10 minutes from there and wish they weren't leaving. Provided a lot of the better jobs in the area. Sucks for those people who have worked so hard to build that reputation LWRC has and see it go like that. Bernstein did the same thing with BAI when he sold out to L3. They picked up and left the area eventually but did give the employees the chance to relocate.

I can't believe the response here, is every one buying a gun in hopes it will become a classic some day. Do you think a company would spend $60 million just to make a lesser product. To make something new & change it just enough that it will not fit the old is nothing more than greed.

Who are these guys? Not familiar with them.

F&D Forces the Hand of LWRCI Ownership: Feb 18, 2014

F&D has provided a convenient time for the owners and shareholders of LWRCI to move on and out of the industry. LWRCI has moved to sale ownership of its company on the heels of revelations that F&D is the actual inventor of its flagship Intellectual Property/Patent. Additionally, Defamation and Business Disparagement claims filed by F&D hit critical mass for LWRCI's defense strategy and market-place integrity. F&D has asserted a liability owed to it by LWRCI in the amount of $12.4 million. See Court filings below.

Didn't LWRCi have some kind of beef with SIG for copying their Bolt Carrier design, or something?

Who actually owns the design(s)?

F&D has provided a convenient time for the owners and shareholders of LWRCI to move on and out of the industry. LWRCI has moved to sale ownership of its company on the heels of revelations that F&D is the actual inventor of its flagship Intellectual Property/Patent. Additionally, Defamation and Business Disparagement claims filed by F&D hit critical mass for LWRCI's defense strategy and market-place integrity. F&D has asserted a liability owed to it by LWRCI in the amount of $12.4 million. See Court filings below.

F&D Defense

LWRC sold to Colt ?????

I can't believe the response here, is every one buying a gun in hopes it will become a classic some day. Do you think a company would spend $60 million just to make a lesser product. To make something new & change it just enough that it will not fit the old is nothing more than greed.

It happens all the time .... Big company buys little company QC and CS go down the crapper.

No more Ldubs for me.....screw Colt.

Colt was always my LAST choice for rifles and still is.

Glad I bought my M6A2 with 2 uppers when I did…When I was growing up Colt was the standard. I have several 1911s and a Python.

What they did to the business was insane. I have no interest in anything they do now.

BR,

I am not sure where all the colt hating is coming from. Colt is a top shelf product that just plain works.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Price paid is almost always a product of the seller's EBITDA......the owners or equity sponsor would have likely hired an investment bank to market the deal for sale. Obviously both sides think they got a good deal.....time will tell.

F&D is just hoping...like they know something to this and like a patent lawsuit starting six months ago on just the REPR would cause this. F&D is crazy if they think that.

F&D is just hoping...like they know something to this and like a patent lawsuit starting six months ago on just the REPR would cause this. F&D is crazy if they think that.

They certainly don't act normal.. Too funny corky.... Maybe there is something to the six8 being reconsidered for Military contracts as speculated driving the price up.... Time will tell.

Stupid question, has anyone read corny hall's complaint? He wrote it himself and is representing himself. Corby makes several interesting claims as to who designed the SAbR/REPR rifles.

One question . . . Why Is he screwing around in the courthouse instead of making FD rifles? Why not spend the tube making rifles and make money instead of waiting time representing himself at the courthouse?

On another note it will be interesting if this is true and Colt buys LWRC.

I want to be clear about one thing. I want to see F&D defense succeed and bring another precision rifle to market. Corby contacted me and stated that he felt that I was against him and his company succeeding.

The fact is, I hope he gets his rifle to market, in large numbers and I hope that it's as nice as it looks and shoots as well as the initial examples seem to be shooting.

And everyone here knows that I am a POF and Hodge Defense guy.

But . . . More precision semi piston rifles, more silencers, better for gun culture 2.0. I want F&D and Corby to get that rifle out . . . Let's see how they shoot. It will stand or fall on its merits. I would love to see one and shoot it.

I simply find the lawsuits that have popped up in the past few months in the firearms industry to be humorous to me as an attorney. Smith enterprises and the more recent tactical rifles lawsuits are prime examples of this.

Smith and Tactical Rifles are great examples . . . . Instead of fixing the problems . . . . Making more money . . . . . They are suing disgruntled customers and websites.

This is my opinion. They, the plaintiffs obviously disagree.

If I remember correctly, I saw one of their first rifles being offered for $10k. Too rich for my blood.

Also, with respect to the lawsuit, note that it's the "Second Amended Petition." This leads me to believe that it was most likely already dismissed. Twice. I'm surprised that the Defendants haven't removed the lawsuit to Federal Court.

They tried to Remove to federal court but it was anchored in Comal county by adding Selph as a defendant. Hence it stayed in state court.

It has not been dismissed. Attorneys amend petitions all the time as new causes of action and/or parties arise

Last edited:
I exchanged a few emails with corby hall after I posted the above and he responded with the following. I am posting it with his permission as I am not for or against either party and I lumped his Lawsuit in with the man drama of the SEI and TRN lawsuits:

-You are correct. The claims made were that I did a good portion of the engineering work on the prototyping of the SABR (before it was even called SABR). The overall "design" was ultimately a contribution from several individuals. I never claimed that I solely designed any product for LWRC and never will. However, I did invent a portion of the design that is now incorporated into all LWRCI rifles, of which LWRCI fraudulently patented behind my back and without my knowledge several years after the fact. And that is the subject of an IP correction of inventorship lawsuit being filed in SA Federal Court on Monday.

-In regards to your question about why am I representing myself, there are two reasons: 1) It would be a disservice to my customer-base if I was spending their money on worthless lawyers (no offense). 2) Unlike the personnel of LWRCI, I am man enough to fight my own battles, and man enough to get my ass whooped if warranted. But as you can deduce from the filings, it matters not how much money LWRCI spends on its legal army. I have and will continue destroying their pathetic defenses and obstructions. And at the end of each day I still get rifles out the door.

Truth be told, here are the basic facts that are generally unknown to the public... (I have reworded this slightly from what Brian had previously posted on a blog):

-I did provide engineering work on the REPR and that work was and is still being used by LWRCI. I never made any real issue of it until my integrity was attacked by the very Vice President of LWRCI who hired me to do the engineering work in the first place. I can see this lawsuit being an issue in the sale of the LWRCI. If F&D is entitled to intellectual properties of LWRCI and the fact that there may be substantial liability due to their defamatory remarks, then you would think Colt would want to know about this and how to handle it before the sale is finalized. Surely Colt has done their due diligence on the matter? It was never my intention to go after LWRCI on the defamation or IP issues until after another VP of LWRCI threatened me for defamation and for infringement of a patent of which I was the inventor. It gets no bolder than that. At this point, I was left with little choice but to press F&D's case and force LWRCI to clean up any damage they may have caused myself and F&D with their unfounded threats and defamatory statements. F&D has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that we can design, engineer, produce, and deliver a world class AR. We (Brian and I) are certainly not riding LWRCI's coattails. If anything, LWRCI is riding ours from prior-performed engineering work. We would rather be focused on what we do best, but when preemptively threatened by a much larger competitor, have no problem defending our name, reputation, and abilities.

These are the facts, and this is why you will hear little to nothing about this case out of LWRCI and its reps, and why we are comfortable talking about it publically, regardless of pending litigation. I think it is a huge inaccuracy to classify the F&D lawsuit with the likes of SEI or TRN. Those are bully lawsuits (regardless as to whether or not they have merit). I am fighting the bully in this one. With that said, it was never my intention to make Frank of snipershide feel as if I was trying to target his site as well. I did want information on one of his members and that I would be subpoenaing it if not provided, and that is when we fell out. Since then I have apologized to him and left open the door for reconciliation when/if he is willing to have us back. I have also made it a point that, if we are allowed back, neither Brian nor I will respond to or inflame the trolling that had taken place previously (even though we did have some fun times with it).

This ain't walking Mart dude

Well, I'm betting Colt doesn't use a $38 barrel and then price their rifles at $2500.
We don't have Walking Marts up here or say "dude" much in the last 20 years. Is that an Alabama thing?

$38 barrel? From whence did that come? LOL.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Corby Hall didn't start the LWRC/Colt rumors just to showcase his legal purse fight...

Who knows...if he was wronged then I hope it's made right. If his allegations are false, then he really is the dick that most of his posts seem to indicate.

LWRC sold to Colt ?????

This whole bit is hilarious. He says it himself "he was hired" so he was paid for work (if that's true). If he was contracted he would have filed a patent on his own. Then adds this lawsuit could warrant the sale (in his eyes of course). Infers he started the rumor. If anyone can start a lawsuit it's LWRC on Corby for defamation.

I quote "I never made any real issue of it until my integrity was attacked by the very Vice President of LWRCI who hired me to do the engineering work in the first place. I can see this lawsuit being an issue in the sale of the LWRCI".

Ya sounds like a lot of bullshit. I find it really hard to believe he didn't sign ANY paperwork when he did the work for whoever the fuck requested it.

I was there just the other day working on a CNC lathe and the guys didn't say anything about moving.

As a LWRC REPR owner I too am not sure how I feel about this. What does this mean the LWRC M6 Individual Carbine (M6IC) rifle will become a Colt branded product.

That Colt is trying to make their line up look better.

That Colt is trying to make their line up look better.

Last edited: