• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC Spartan Alpha first look

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
All this talk about AR-15s got my motor running so I started looking for another AR. I got extremely lucky and picked this one up at my local shop. This is my new LWRC Spartan Alpha. The gun comes in a typical cardboard box with a well written manual, one 30 round magazine, small bottle of CLP type stuff, extra parts for the Magpul MIAD grip, two extra rails one of which has a QD sling mount (nice touch), front sight tool, and the 2012 LWRC catalog so you can get more stuff. The rifle is equipped with Troy Industries BUIS, Magpul MIAD, Magpul CTR stock, ambi QD sling mount, over sized trigger gaurd, enhanced charging handle (gunfisghter I think), AAC Blackout flash hider and a full rail on top. The Spartan Alpha features a beautiful 1/7 twist 14.5 inch spiral fluted barrel with the pinned flash hider making it exactly 16". incredible 2 stage trigger, ambi fire controls, very nice bolt and bolt carrier. Due to the fluted barrel and forearm the rifle is very well balanced, no notion of it being nose heavy at all. This is easily the best AR I have ever owned at first look. Of course it's snowing like crazy and I will have to wait to do a decent range report but I will post it when I can find some match ammo, get the optic in place and find a day that's not freezing. So... don't hold your breath.
IMG_0700_zps75256009.jpg

IMG_0706_zpsf7187b58.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsf4bf3b08.jpg

IMG_0708_zpsaf60f970.jpg

I would love to tell you where I got it but some asshat already made me look like an ass with the owner of the shop I bought it at (was word of mouth) but long story short he told someone else and the third party demanded one from the owner at a price that was made up so I decided with this post not to give any details on where I got it at all. I will however post up IF they get any more which they don't have now.

Abilene Indoor Gun Range in Abilene, Texas has a new Spartan Alpha and an A5 in stock if you are seeking one. $3000 for the Spartan and $3100 for the A5. The Spartan is lovely. I own an LWRC SPR, and it's a fine machine. Wish I could buy that Spartan.

Last edited:
Sold my Larue Predatar and now lookin at a new one myself. This is on the list. Do tell us your impressions..thanks,
Fred

Thanks guys! I am really excited about this rifle. It has been a long time since I've been psyched about an AR platform, not that they aren't great, we know they are but I've had at least one since 1991, this one renewed my happy for the tried and true AR. I can't wait to see how we'll it shoots. Haven't made up my mind yet but I think a NF 1x4 with the F3 reticle is in order. For now It may get a Leupy VXR I have in the closet.

My LWRC rifles are consistently sub-moa with Federal Gold Medal Match 68 and 77 grain and the PMC 55 gr FMJ, if you have access to any of that to try in yours.

Sweet-looking blaster. Get Some Guns here in Utah had several of them before Sandy Hook. It's a very well put together AR15, with what appears to be a Cerakote finish. They put a lot of work into the overall fit and feel of the ones I have felt at shops and SHOT Show, even though I'm a DI guy.

That "CLP type stuff" is EWL, Extreme Weapons Lubricant, and it smokes CLP hands down. I've been using it since 2008 when they gave me a bag full of their products, and I'll never use CLP again.

Congrats on securing a fine blaster. Take her out in the snow and see what she'll do in extreme conditions. I actually prefer shooting in the snow over a hot summer day, but it makes brass retrieval futile unless you use a catcher.

Enjoy it I have a repr and a M6A3DMR they kick ass and group like a sako trg

The local gun shop had one last weekend for $2799, I fucked up and listened to the wife so I didn't buy it. I decided since the wife liked it I would buy it for her to get her into shooting, we went back the next day and it was gone, now I'm really regretting it after seeing this picture.

Nice looking carbine!

Check out some of the 1-6 options. For similar money as the NF 1-4 you could get into a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 1-6, which has a daylight visible dot, true 1x, and higher magnification. Food for thought!

I have had one of these on order for several months. Maybe Accusports will start realizing a few more.

Eh, I wussed out. I'm going to put my Burris XTR 1-4 on it for now and see how it shoots, if I think it can do better with a higher end optic Ill pull the trigger on a vortex if not Ill stick with the XTR or go aimpoint.