• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRCI-DI Barrel

I’ve been curious about this myself. I recently attempted to build a rifle using an LWRC receiver. I was on the phone with them several times. They would not specifically say that their barrels and barrel extensions are the same. They would hint around at the fact that regular AR barrels may or may not fit their monoforge upper receivers.

I have 2 LWCR DI rifles and have been wanting to get their barrel wrench to see if they are the same.

Buy a cheap crappy bear creek barrel for $50 and see if it fits. If it fits, then buy a nice barrel and flip the Bear Creek barrel for $25.

Anyone ever find out if a standard AR-15 barrel will work in an LWRC IC-DI upper?

Reactions: Islas82
I put an 18 inch Odin works barrel on mine with out any issue. Shoots great. Hit targets last 700 yards at a prs gas gun match when they used to have them way back. I don’t remember ever having to do anything to the index pin. Just bought the expensive barrel nut wrench adapter thing.

I put an 18 inch Odin works barrel on mine with out any issue. Shoots great. Hit targets last 700 yards at a prs gas gun match when they used to have them way back. I don’t remember ever having to do anything to the index pin. Just bought the expensive barrel nut wrench adapter thing.
Did you get an specific model of barrel or just whatever Odin works has available?

I don’t really remember. It was an 18 inch medium length gas system I think. I also bought their gas block. Rifle runs great for a di