• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRCi R.E.P.R.

300LW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2008
Brenham, Texas
Production has begun, these pics are of the 20" heavy barreled version. The first run is allocated to a Federal LE agency, commercial guns will follow shortly.

[/quote]

Re: LWRCi R.E.P.R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of money they need for that thing? </div></div>

close to $4k I believe.

Last time I checked, the price was a bit over $3300. The concept is great, but as of yet the product itself hasn't materialized.

I was seriously considering getting one, but the production, testing, re-design, production, re-testing, etc. makes me think that the REPR (formerly SABR) 2.0 or 3.0 might be the ones worth owning, and leaving the 1.0 versions for someone else. There has simply been so many hiccups and setbacks for this project that I'll wait for a significant amount of positive feedback of the civilian version before I throw any money into that product. Just my two cents. I like LWRC as a company, and I hope this gun is what they promise it to be. But I'm going to wait until there's enough in people's hands before I throw my own cash down on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last time I checked, the price was a bit over $3300. The concept is great, but as of yet the product itself hasn't materialized.

I was seriously considering getting one, but the production, testing, re-design, production, re-testing, etc. makes me think that the REPR (formerly SABR) 2.0 or 3.0 might be the ones worth owning, and leaving the 1.0 versions for someone else. There has simply been so many hiccups and setbacks for this project that I'll wait for a significant amount of positive feedback of the civilian version before I throw any money into that product. Just my two cents. I like LWRC as a company, and I hope this gun is what they promise it to be. But I'm going to wait until there's enough in people's hands before I throw my own cash down on it. </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. Some really new and good ideas represented in those pics, but I've been burned too many times with v1.0 products. Even ones made by really reputable companies. I don't have the time and patience to send a gun back two or three times for it to perform the way it should out of the box.

But to all the beta testers wiling to go through it, don't spare the details!!!
laugh.gif

that is production version from what ive read... ive seen pics of V1 and V2 etc lots of changes...

I will let ya know in 3mo when they start shipping civ orders, how it shoots
smile.gif

Been on order since monday after shot 09 !
smile.gif

300LW,

How long have you been in possession of the REPR? How much range time have you had with it? How do you like it? How did you manage to get your hands on one?

I have been waiting on one for a while.

That isn't my gun. These pictures were posted yesterday on the LWRC forum. I suppose I should have made that clear.

I do have an SBR'd lower though, just waiting on the Form 4 to be returned and will have my dealer return it to LWRC in a couple weeks for buildup. I plan on getting an 18 or 20" as well. Several people have posted their experiences with department guns, the latest by echo1:

Alright I'm back and I apologize for being late. I went to school out in Phoenix from July 26 thru August 14. Spent three weeks working on two different weapons and worked with the SABR for about a week. This weapon can flat out shoot. Both me and my partner had first round hits at 1200 yards. We shot 168 grain Hornady A-Max. As far as grouping like I said, it shoots beautiful groups. Also Peanut, if you can post that picture that would be great. Once I get back to work next week, I will post the data I collect from the school. We also tryed a mile and was hard to see impact area.

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3987&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

I'll see if I can get him to come over here for some comments.

anyone know the accuracy on these things?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last time I checked, the price was a bit over $3300. The concept is great, but as of yet the product itself hasn't materialized.

I was seriously considering getting one, but the production, testing, re-design, production, re-testing, etc. makes me think that the REPR (formerly SABR) 2.0 or 3.0 might be the ones worth owning, and leaving the 1.0 versions for someone else. There has simply been so many hiccups and setbacks for this project that I'll wait for a significant amount of positive feedback of the civilian version before I throw any money into that product. Just my two cents. I like LWRC as a company, and I hope this gun is what they promise it to be. But I'm going to wait until there's enough in people's hands before I throw my own cash down on it. </div></div>

Big +1. I too like their stuff a lot but this one's been kicking around a long time and been tweaked quite a bit...

Hell, I even like the idea of having a CQB upper that switches out to a DMR upper. But damn, $3300 for just the DMR model? OUCH. You can get a custom gas gun from APA or GAP for hundreds of dollars less, and I'm positive those will outshoot the REPR any day of the week.

Like I said, we'll see when the products start coming out. Until the REPR is close to the APA/GAP price points, I just can't justify that much for a gas gun that isn't a custom job.