• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lyman 1200 DPS auto measure?

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, I did a search didn't come up with anything,

What do you think of it?
is there anything you think is better?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Lyman 1200 DPS auto measure?

Yup! Chargemaster 1500 is better and faster.

Either one is better than using a dipper or a no.55 powder measure and a triple beam scale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What makes it "better" the faster charge? is it more accurate?

Thanks

Steve </div></div>

6mmbr did a comparison between PACT, Lyman and RCBS. It is a few years old, but it has valid points. I believe the Lyman has go thru another rev, DPS III, and the RCBS chargemaster has gone thru a rev to fix a flaw in their button inputs. Either one is good, but you'll find more people chime in with the nod towrds the RCBS chargemaster...

I also read the current user reviews of each model @ MidwayUSA (I looked for years 2008, 2009, the RCBS had over 100 user reviews).

-psywar

The lyman has a 30 minute warm up period, not like I ever turn off my CM1500, but if I did, I wont have to wait 30 minutes to start trowing powder. The CM1500 is faster, but I think accuracy is about the same. Plus the CM1500 is user programmable for quite a few internal time and trow settings, I dont think the Lyman is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either one is better than using a dipper or a no.55 powder measure and a triple beam scale. </div></div>
Left out the Redding trickler.

I used to trickle with a folded business card. :[

I have it and it works fine. the 30 minute warm up period can be cancelled. Really all that matters is that you plug it in before you get yourself set up.

Just don't let anyone touch it. A friend of mine walked up to the unit with about 1/2 lb of Unique in it and simply lifted the powder hopper out...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to trickle with a folded business card. :[ </div></div>
I still use the trickler with the dippers. Double beam scale (M-5). The 55 sits on a shelf. PITA!

Ever tried over-throwing and pinching out the excess?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winchester 69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to trickle with a folded business card. :[ </div></div>
I still use the trickler with the dippers. Double beam scale (M-5). The 55 sits on a shelf. PITA!

Ever tried over-throwing and pinching out the excess? </div></div>
I used a tiny spoon that came with my Frankford Arsenal digi scale to take out the excess, but the CM1500 has made that a thing of the past.