• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Lyman Borescope

300sniper

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2005
Greenwood, Ca
i got a Lyman borescope way back when they first came out. I wasn't expecting much but it was cheap enough to try out. I was ultimately hoping I could modify it so the tube was only about 5" so I could use it to inspect while still in the machine. When it came in I powered it up and wasn't very impressed with it at all. I put it back in the box where it's sat ever since.

I pulled it out the other day for shits n giggles and again, wasn't very impressed with the view on the monitor. I saved a couple pictures to the SD card and moved them to the computer. I've got to admit, the camera is much better than the supplied monitor. It's still not really going to work good for what I want, real time inspection but it's probably good enough or better for the average gun owner.

Attached are pictures of a freshly cut chamber lead and freebore/neck.

Attachments

• photo53334.jpg
    photo53334.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 12
  • photo53333.jpg
    photo53333.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 12
  • photo53335.jpg
    photo53335.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 15