• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lyman Turret Press Parts HELP!!!

shakey yankee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2006
FTB Ga
I got an older Lyman "All American" Turret Press and broke the shell plate adapter! Been all over the internet looking for one. Does anyone know where I can get parts???

Re: Lyman Turret Press Parts HELP!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried calling Lyman?</div></div>

They've always been very helpful whenever I've needed to call them. Hasn't been often, but they answer when their phone rings, and are courteous as well.

Is this a progressive press? Seems that I recall it being very similar to what Hornady has made for a number of years. Parts interchangeable?

Thanks for the replies. No, I havn't called them. Thought I would try here first. I hate calling. You never know what you're gonna get on the other end.

If you call and they DON'T help you, all you're out is the phone call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shakey yankee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You never know what you're gonna get on the other end. </div></div>
With Lyman, it won't be much.

Shakey, there was at one time a company called (I think) South Shelton (or Sheldon) Enterprises that sold a lot of obsolete Lyman stuff. I believe I got their contact info from Lyman (years ago -- pre internet days -- yes I am that old, babies).

Edited to add: Got my curiosity up, but I couldn't find shelton enterprises, but Lyman catalogs the J to X adapter if this is what broke. This opens a pdf file so it is a slow load. Look near the bottom of page 10...

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/catalogue-download/pdf/Dies-and-Die-Sets.pdf