• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M-14 scope mount w/Weaver rails?

HD-Ghost

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Looking for a high-end (no aluminum) scope mount with Weaver rails. Heard Smith Enterprises made some originally, but never seen one. Does anyone have any experience with McCann mounts? Have a Leatherwood MPC scope on a Weaver base which will not match the slots of the picatinny.

Smith ENT (who can be and is a bit of a weenie) or Sadlax. Sadlax is the better choice IMHO by a long shot

I've had a Smith Enterprises mount for several years now and still rock solid.

I have changed scopes on that M1A at least ten times and zero issues.

Sadlak, possibly Fulton armory.
SEI should not get peoples support or money, after sewing customers for complaining about they're customer treatment publicly.

SEI, Sadlak, Bassett all work well. You can find hem used on M14Forum all the time. I like the Bassett mount because it uses 1 screw to mount and is super easy to install. The Bassett mount uses the groove in the receiver to match up and help to hold zero. If you get the high Bassett with can still use the iron sights. But if using the Bassett make sure the groove is clean and still sharp. If not then look at the SEI. The SEI mounts into the stripper clip guide and can be a pain to install but once its in, as others have stated, its rock solid.

Cant go wrong with any of them, just how much do you want to spend and do you ever want to take it off.