• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M.A.R.S. 1550nm LRF with Integrated Applied Ballistics

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    image002.png

Today, 16 December 2022, The Envision Technology (M.A.R.S.) Miniature Advanced Rangefinder System family of lasers is officially on the market. The M.A.R.S. brings precision weapon-mounted laser range-finding capability to the user in an exceptionally small form factor. With an integrated Applied Ballistics solver, visible laser/pointer, and Bluetooth interface to external peripherals such as the Kestrel weather meter, delivers >1,500m range performance in an affordable package weighing less than 8 oz.

These devices will be available in 2 versions depending on the end user:

For Military Units/ Law Enforcement Departments:

M.A.R.S. – L:

Featuring: 1550nm LRF with Integrated Applied Ballistics & Temp/ Pressure/ Humidity Sensors, VIS Pointer

Laser Classification: 3B

Price: $9725

Commercial Customers:

M.A.R.S. – Lc:

Featuring: 1550nm LRF with Integrated Applied Ballistics & Temp/ Pressure/ Humidity Sensors, VIS Pointer Laser Classification: 3R

Price: $9725

IMG_8497.jpg

STARTING DEC 16, 2022

A Sniper's Hide Discount Code is available for $200 off either Unit.

HIDE2MARS

Currently, CR2 Shooting Solutions, LLC is your exclusive commercial retailer for this family of devices.

Head on over to the CR2 Supply Cage to purchase yours: www.cr2shootingsolutions.com

TO PURCHASE AN ITAR-CONTROLLED ITEM AS A COMMERCIAL CUSTOMER, ALL CUSTOMERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
    • Sign and return ITAR Compliance Form
    • Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship / government photo ID
    • Customer Name, Billing, and Shipping Address must all match, customers using business or company accounts will be required to furnish proof of authorization to use an alternate form of payment/billing.
    At check out you can use your HIDE2MARS code to receive your $200 discount

This code is valid for 30 days
    image002.png

@CR2 SS those people are the kind that waste money on cigarettes and lottery tickets. I’ll have to save up for this and probably sell some stuff in order to afford it, but it comes down to what you want, and what you’re willing to do to get it. Saying that for the other readers, I know you know. ;)

FYI guys the Laser Rangefinder is exactly the Same in these two models and that's what you're really buying them for

Do you guys actually have them in stock?

Can you post a picture of the display turned on, and next to the display of the RAPTAR if at all possible?

Looks a little different here, probably just the angle and lighting.

329CE73C-1D54-43C3-B2FE-D9E3EE66FE82.jpeg

Reactions: rpoL98
    Did they already sell out, or was this always a pre-order, and the website was adjusted to reflect "pre-order"?
    They were never “In-Stock”. E-Commerce sites are weird and I’m trying to make the site represent the ordering process as best as possible.

The units are “Built To Order” hence the quoted lead times.

Reactions: Conrad
    Can someone help me understand the workflow of a unit like this, is it really as simple as:
    1. point your reticle at a target,
    2. hit button,
    3. get elevation,
    4. dial elevation,
    5. hold left edge
    6. send it
    Or like are you wiggling the reticle around the target to get a readback you like and it is a bit clunky?

Can someone help me understand the workflow of a unit like this, is it really as simple as:
    2. hit button,
    3. get elevation,
    4. dial elevation,
    5. hold left edge
    6. send it
    Or like are you wiggling the reticle around the target to get a readback you like and it is a bit clunky?

Based on my experience with the more simple RAPTAR units:

A. Yes, it’s that simple and straightforward

B. If you have a good reticle and hold, instead of dial, your elevation, you’ll be able to use your main center crosshair again and again for ranging other targets. If you dial, you’ll have to dial back to zero (or otherwise account for the issue) before getting your next reading.

This is important for multiple targets and for moving targets.

Imagine you range a coyote, dial, shoot, and miss… it runs a ways then stops to look for what made the noise.

Now you have to dial back to zero, range it again and start all over. Its usually much faster/better to just drop the center crosshair onto the animal, get your solution, and try again.

Last edited:
    Reactions: rpoL98
    2. hit button,
    3. get elevation,
    4. dial elevation,
    5. hold left edge
    6. send it
    You zero the rangefinder to your center cross. I recommend at least 1k yards if you can. Mines is zeroed to almost 3k yards. So the further you can see the dot the better.
    When I range and get the solution, I usually do a wind and elevation hold. Either that, if you dial up and or dial for wind, you have to remember to dial back to zero to range target again.