• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M&P 15 22

max47

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
iowa
Thinking about buying a MP 15 22 any thoughts, reviews, pics would be great. Just planning on plinking for me and my 8 year old, mainly for me, but I thought the adjustable stock would come in handy for him sometimes. On a side note, this is not his first gun, nor will it be his primary. He has been shooting iron sight single shots for a while. Just thought something fun for both of us.

Re: M&P 15 22

i have one shoots very well,no ftf,fte,ftf, ive read posts on some forums about fte if it happens google is your friend.
only problem i have is it is very light, makes it good when the wife and kid shoot it i just clamp on some weight to make it realistic. but im pretty happy with it. i think s&w came out with a version that has a that is threaded mine isn't.

Darrell

Does anyone have any experience with other similar models like the colt m4? I'm wondering how they stack up against each other in quality, etc

I have a MP15 22 and love it. It runs bout everything i put threw it.

100_1273.jpg

Not familiar with the .22 M&P
But a buddy of mine has a .223 and its great.
Read alot of reviews on it and a guy ran 2500-5000 rounds through it without cleaning and no FTE/FTF or any problems. No accuracy problems listed either. S&W M&P has been recognized as a really reliable platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have any experience with other similar models like the colt m4? I'm wondering how they stack up against each other in quality, etc </div></div>

My buddy has the Colt. All the trigger control is inclosed. So you cant put a two stage trigger in it. So the trigger it has is what you get. The MP is a real barrel, the colt is a sleaved barrel. I think the Colt has a 30 rd mag and the MP is 25rd.

So are the fire control parts in the Smith all standard 15 parts?
Externally the controls look the same but, I'm wondering if a drop in Timney trigger or something of that sort would work in the Smith...

I have the M&P 22 and have to say I am very happy with it. Once the MOE versions hits the streets I will have another. I own four Tactical Solutions .22 cal AR uppers and have had the Spikes and for the money the Smith rules.

Its the closet to the AR platform in that the bolt locks back which I believe it does not on the Colt.

Its an excellent trainer, plinker and if you have any kids be aware as all you will be doing is loading mags!