• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors M&P 40C?

ArmedByRuger

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2008
Shingletown, CA.
Does anyone here have any experience with the S&W M&P 40C? I recently eyed the 40C and wondered if it was small enough for CCW yet large enough to extend out to 15-25 yard engagements and serve as a holster carry as well. The reason I am asking what must seem as a silly question to you and you probably thinking, "Just buy the full size and the compact dummy". I am in California where max mag capacity is 10 rounds. The 40C already holds 10 rounds and with a grip extension on the mag has a full size grip so why spend another 550-600$ on the full size to only gain 1" of barrel if I am accurate enough with the 40C? If I was in another state where I could have 15 round magazines I would not hesitate to buy the full size frame for holster carry, but I am not in such a state I'm in Commiefornia. what are your thoughts on this? Am I expecting too much out of this gun? Will I be able to shoot sub 3" groups at 25yards with the 40C? It would save me alot of money if this gun ended up being a jack of all trades but hopefully not master of none. Thank you for your time and opinion.
mp40c.jpg

Re: M&P 40C?

I carry one daily as a backup to a full size M&P (on duty in uniform). I also use it in a fanny pack when jogging. The more I shoot it the more I like it. I don't know about the 3" groups at 25yds, that will probably depend in the individual gun and load.

Re: M&P 40C?

Yah, I just found a review on it at Gunblast.com where the groupings at 25Y varied from 4-8" looks like I'm buying the full size and the compact and the price tag stings 1100$
cry.gif
mad.gif
atleast its not like I'm buying a pair of Sigs or H&Ks 1600$ that would really suck
S&W-M&P40-CP.jpg