• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

M&P 45>10MM conversion barrel

ArdJa

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2019
Does anyone make a barrel for this conversion? G21>G20 Glock are made what about my preferred M&P? would I need longer mags?

Thanks for any insight.

Would you want to even if you could? The Glock G20/21 was built on a 10mm frame, it's not a converted .45 to begin like lots of others. It'll handle the hotter ammo fine.

10mm is fine and all, I have a G20 and a G29 and like those just fine (that I may wind up trading/selling when I get around to it, along with mags, dies, lots of brass and bullets and a G29 Milt Sparks rig, just haven't been using 'em really...). But I think a .45 Super would be the way to go for any conversion. Makes a bigger hole with a heavier bullet at similar velocities, and being based on the 10mm frame it's doable.

Not a fan of carrying modified gear though so there's that, and why I haven't done it myself.

Glock 10mm is hard to beat, the goto 10mm IMO/E.

Smith 1006 I had was a TANK but mags were getting hard to come by and starting to get pricey (over $100 on average a year or two back). 9rd. capacity and reliability and weight though made it not ideal for carry. G29 is a bit brickish but still totally carryable IWB, G20 is, well, like carrying a G21 I guess --fine in an OWB rig. 15rds, reliability and ruggedness/ability to handle high power loads made it top the list if you ask me.

Does anyone make a barrel for this conversion? G21>G20 Glock are made what about my preferred M&P? would I need longer mags?

Thanks for any insight.
The M&P has been my preference too but there isn't much love for the 10MM at S&W (yes I know they have built a few models).
The M&P357 in 357 Sig was enough to show me the M&P, while great for 9mm and 40S&W, doesn't belong in 10mm as currently manufactured.

Will you get reliable extraction with the smaller rim size of 10mm? The gen 2 glock 45 I initially tried 10mm in was not completely reliable, so I eventually bought a 10mm.

Reactions: Adam B
You mean in a Glock? I never had a problem...

Gen2, holy shit, that would've been like from the first run, right? It came out in 1994 I think (why mags were so rare for it back then) and mine was bought in 98 and is at least a 3rd gen! Anyway, I've never had a problem with any 3rd gen Glocks OR the 1st gen G17 I gave to my mother (that's been factory rebuilt at least twice and has maybe a million rounds down the tube!).

I take it back. I've got one .40 mag that refuses to load the last round. But it's identified...

I would mention that over the years, Glock has redesigned that unsupported barrel which caused a number of issues in .40 cal. pistols, I'm not sure if that pertains to the 10mm but I wouldn't be surprised. You'll get Glock smiles with overpowered or overloaded cases for sure and I guess I can see that relating to extraction problems, but I haven't had any personally.

Wait... That was converted .45? Using a .45 extractor? I only have/used factory shit so I couldn't say there. If I own it I will carry it so I'm not a fan of conversions of any kind. But if I did, again, it'd be .45 Super or similar. Same numbers, bigger hole.

Had a gen 2 G21, I forget the name of the company that made 10mm conversion barrels for it. Shot fine but about once a mag, I would get a failure to eject. It was enough of an issue that I just ended up buying the gen 2 G20. Traded the G21 10mm barrel for a 6" 10mm factory glock barrel and use that in my gen 2 G20 now.

Well, thanks everyone. I thought the COL difference would likely require a longer mag. That seem insurmountable ATM.
I divested my 4 Glocks 4-5 years ago after edc of a G27 or G22 for nearly 10 years. The M&P series fits my hand better. I guess it's the grip angle as they say. Not interested in 1911's.
I found a G 21 + a 10MM barrel at a pretty good price and got to thinking why couldn't I do the same to a M&P. Ya'll have disabused me of that idea.
I guess I could grind down the Glock frame (is the gen 4 slimmer?) My friend did his and made it look like hell, but he said it fits. lol