• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors M&P Pro Series 9mm?

sjbryan308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Oxford, NC
Getting ready to buy a new pistol and am interested in the Pro Series M&P 9mm with 4.25" barrel. Any insight or opinions on this pistol would be greatly appreciated.

Re: M&P Pro Series 9mm?

There's no reason to get a Pro if you want the 4.25".

if you want a better trigger, get the regular fullsize M&P and put the Apex trigger kit in. You can do it yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no reason to get a Pro if you want the 4.25".

if you want a better trigger, get the regular fullsize M&P and put the Apex trigger kit in. You can do it yourself. </div></div>

Yep, this is true...way better trigger than a Pro and cheaper too...whats not to like? All you need is a 1/8" (I think) roll punch and you can install the kit yourself. Apex has several videos on youtube showing how to install.

I have the S&W MP 9mm. go buy the regular size, it's great. like the guys above said if you don't like the trigger just change it... the stock trigger has a lot of play on it, something I personally don't like.

I bought the Pro hoping for a better trigger. 17 rounds later, I ordered the Apex kit and watched the YouTube vids to install it. Save yourself time and trouble, just buy a standard and get the Apex kit. The Pro's trigger wasn't much better that the Standard.

Great pistol, I think that it is the best of all the plastic framed handguns out there.
I bought the wife one when the Pro first became available. She loves it, and shoots it quit a bit better that the HK P30 we had her shooting. Just recieved a Blade-Tech holster, and double mag pouch for it today in the mail!
I'm sure I will get the Apex kit at some point, it just isn't in my nature to leave anything alone. Jason

I have put thousands of rounds through XDs and glocks and I definitely like this better

If you can get over the trigger they are a great pistol. Not sure if you need the Pro but...

I have also heard a lot of guys getting good work done by Ben without the APEX parts...

I have the 45 and the compact 9mm I like them so much that I am selling my set of XD's, the only question is do I buy the full size 9mm or just stick the bigger mags into the compact and call it goog

If you can find a copy of Dan Burwell's instructions on the internet, you can do your own trigger job pretty easily.

I have a over 30,000 rounds thru my M&P. Not a single failure. I am a 1911 guy, but love them Smith pistol too

How much better would you say the Apex kit is than the pro trigger, do you still have a good crisp break?

I was just about to buy the M&P Pro... guess not anymore. Thanks for the information guys. I compared the pro to the full size and was going to get the pro just because of the trigger.

After shooting the first M&P, I started selling my Glocks. Much better weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjbryan308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much better would you say the Apex kit is than the pro trigger, do you still have a good crisp break? </div></div>

Like night and day. Get the 9L, install sights, install trigger. You'll end up with a way better gun than a Pro.

I have the pro. I am happy with it. Got several thousand rounds through it. The trigger is smooth out. The trigger out of the box is decent, sights are alright. It will do what you need it to do.

Held an M&P pro at Cabelas end of October and REALLY liked how it felt! Def on the future list!