• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M&P15-22 - Ring Height Question

silver78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
MD
I recently bought a M&P15-22 and I want to scope it. I plan to use something small like a 2-7X33 so clearance won't be much of an issue. But I recall that the AR style rifles need super high rings. Can someone give me some help on my ring selection? Your advice is appreciated.

Re: M&P15-22 - Ring Height Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silver78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently bought a M&P15-22 and I want to scope it. I plan to use something small like a 2-7X33 so clearance won't be much of an issue. But I recall that the AR style rifles need super high rings. Can someone give me some help on my ring selection? Your advice is appreciated. </div></div>

I have a BSA sweet .22 3-9x40 on mine and it just about cleared with medium rings. However I mounted it with a promag riser and leupold lows.

This would be easiest way to mount it:
http://swfa.com/Burris-AR-PEPR-1-Scope-Mount-P12624.aspx

Re: M&P15-22 - Ring Height Question

all scoped 1522s ive seen have either ran a riser or a pepr