• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

M1 Carbine - What's It Worth?

ISBe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
Madison, TN
Looking to see what it's worth. I know absolutely nothing about these rifles. The stock seems to be in pretty decent shape. If I'm missing any other markings, let me know.

Barrel stamped:
Inland MFG Div
General Motors
5-44

Barrel band stamped:
AI

Front sight stamped:
N

Rear sight stamped:
PI

Action stamped:
US Carbine
Cal. 30MI

Left side of stock stamped:
S.A
SHM
Crossed cannons

Bottom of pistol grip stamped:
P with a circle around it

Magazine release stamped:
M

Serial number:
1422xx

Re: M1 Carbine - What's It Worth?

Import marked? Look at gunbroker or auctionarms for prices. I won't pay above CMP prices.

Go here and ask these guys. They'll tell you all you want to know about Carbines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go here and ask these guys. They'll tell you all you want to know about Carbines. </div></div>

Missing the link?

The receiver will likely say inland on it.
Look under the rear sight where it may be obscured.
Value will most likely be from 450-650 depending on condition.
It sounds like one of the Greek rifles that the CMP was selling a while back.

Thanks for the link guys, I'll check that out. I can see some sort of stamp under the rear sight, but I can't make out what it says. I can't figure out how to remove the sight to see either. My father had this rifle for years but he has now passed away and I have no use for it.

Pix would be nice... Stock cartouch sounds like it's an arsenal rebuild, most carbines are these days. Reciever maker ? If it's Inland, for a rebuild, should be around $500 to $600. Depending on bore condition and overall finish it could be less than that.

Lee.

I'll see what I can do about some pictures. Thanks for the input.