• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1 carbine

damit

Sergeant
Minuteman
So my Dad LOVES his carbine and coming to shoot it. He is an 80 year old army retiree (23 years in service). Chiappa came out with a .22 cal replica, so I bought one, took it to my buddy's shop for engraving. I had the E-6 insignia engraved on top of the receiver and his name, ARMY and years of service engraved on the charging handle. He comes to my shop today and I have the gun on the counter. I say "dad, check this out, its a .22 replica of your rifle". He picks it up, sees the E-6 insignia and says "damn, it has staff Sergeant on it!". I say "I think it may be your gun". He says "I dont see my name on it". I say "better look a little closer". When the old man saw his name on the charging handle, he damn near got emotional, and this old soldier never gets emotional. Pretty good day!!!!

Dave

Re: M1 carbine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wheres the DAMNIT pics? </div></div>

They are coming......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damitboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wheres the DAMNIT pics? </div></div>

They are coming......
</div></div>

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg
IMAG0503.jpg
IMAG0505.jpg
IMAG0505.jpg

Nice work. In the future you will ALWAYS be glad you did that.

You're a good son. God Bless you, and thank him from me for his service. Yeah, I did my time too (21 years, most of it active), but I'm always grateful for those who serve(d).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damitboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say "I think it may be your gun". He says "I dont see my name on it". I say "better look a little closer". When the old man saw his name on the charging handle, he damn near got emotional, and this old soldier never gets emotional. Pretty good day!!!!

Dave </div></div>

Wish I had the funds to do this with my dad who's coming back from deployment next month... at the ripe 'ole age of 59!

that is the perfect present, unexpected and personnalized.
Good for you and your dad.