• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1 Garands at Camp Perry

CaptainH

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Ohio
I happened to get to Camp Perry (CMP) today and there was a whole rack of nice Garand's with the scope mount. Decent wood and finish with most rifles speced at 1 @ muzzle and 1-2 @ throat.

Re: M1 Garands at Camp Perry

M1D's or C's.

The C's have the mount on the side of the reciever, the D's have a block for scope mounting just forward of the reciever.

CMP sells the D's for $1500, and C's for #3000

The rack of rifles that I saw had the mount on the side and were listed at $3k.

More coming off the truck. I did speak with the CMP staff on Tuesday (26 July) and they said that a truck from Anniston, Alabama arrived that morning and that some nice rifles would be hitting the racks in the next few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the military sell surplus fire arms, scopes things like that.</div></div>

Indirectly; The military doesn't sell them per se, but they turn surplus rifles (excluding full autos and pistols) over to the Civilian Marksmanship Program who do see surplus rifles.

Here is the link:

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/rifles.htm

Note: If one is interested in firearms not listed, keep checking back. The CMP is getting different rifles and other equipment all the time.

They also sell ammo, surplus and commerical.

Any firearm sold by the CMP is gone over by armors before they are put up for sale. You can be assured of a safe, functioning, firearm. If something does slip through, you'll never find any better service, either fix or replace, anywhere.

The CMP also provides training shooting surplus/vintage rifles via CMP trained Master Instructors. They also have a good Jr Program.