• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M1 vs. Target knobs

MoMopacksa45

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2008
Oklahoma
I have a leupold Mark 4 PR. It has the capped target knobs. Since neither the target knobs nor the M1 knobs have a zero stop, what if anything would be an advantage to upgrading to M1 knobs ?

Mike

Re: M1 vs. Target knobs

I had the target turrets on a 4.5x14 mk4 and hated them. There were 3 set screws the seemed to loosen up at the wrong times. My tt's were also difficult to turn when compaired to the M1's. It was easier for me to keep track of where I was because the M1's were easier to read.

The target turrets functioned but, I was happy to unload it when I had the chance.

The M1 turrets are much better. They use a single set screw that is much stouter and does not come loose or strip out easily like the capped target turrets.

Do you have to send your scope in to get the M1 turrets put on it? I have been thinking about switching lately but when you go to Leupolds website it only shows the turrets as an add on to a scope you are buying and doesn't have much info on how you can switch them if you already have the scope. Does anybody know how that works?

I did contact leupold and was told that the cost to swapout for M1's would be $130. Not sure of turn around time. Anyone else please give your input on this.

MIKE