• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

M14 EBR Socom 16 Suppressor help!!!

reaper3bravo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2010
Im making an ebr with a socom 16 and a sage mod 1 stock. I want to put an advanced armament cyclone can on it but it seems the aac teeth on all their muzzle devices will come in contact with the gas plug below the barrel. Does anyone know what i can do it simply will not work with a smith enterprise gas block and i refuse to stray from advanced armament. would it work if i went with a scout squad instead?

Mike
USMC
SS

Re: M14 EBR Socom 16 Suppressor help!!!

2079 is still too short the teeth will contact the gas plug maybe a scout squad will work

Sorry buddy, the SOCOOM 16 is a tough cookie to surpress because of the proprietary gas system and brake. The only real option is the Smith can with the Vortex DC, but because of the length of the can, it pretty much defeats the idea of a short barrelled M1A.

I am assuming you have put a SEI Muzzle brake kit from NoKick with the 5/8-24 threads instead of the Smith 9/16-24. Unfortunately you either have to still use a Vortex mountable suppressor or use an extension adaptor to get your shoulder past the gas plug. A QD mount suppressor might work, but there is a reason you don't see suppressed SOCOM's around.

socom_kit.lg.jpg

As you can see below, the gas plug whether a you use a standard SAI gas plug, the SEI 2076 or the SEI 2079, you will still not get the clearance you need.

gas_plug-composite.lg.jpg

If you haven't bought the SOCOM yet, I would get a Standard. back in 2007, AAC was making a 762SD mount that was a direct thread on to the SAI flash hider thread pitch, but don't know if they still make it or not. Call Mike Mers and ask him.

I really appreciate the help man. Im such an idiot. I just realized the cyclone is a direct mount. I want the 7.62 SD and even so i dont think it will work with a socom 16. I dont have the rifle yet but i am committed to getting one and a can. I have saved all the money and am ready to act. So i think im going to go with a scout squad because i dont believe there are any issues with the mounting of a blackout flash hider and a 7.62 SD. If you know something i dont let me know.

do you know if ill have to regulate my gas with a 7.62 SD

here is mine with a AAC muzzle brake had to cut .400 off a smith ent. gas plug and then mill a hex on it and weld it back up
Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

im not messing with the gas plug man, ill bump the barrel up an inch or two and get the scout before i start cutting it up. It looks good tho, if it works you should market it and sell it. Everyone wants an aac can on their 16

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reaper3bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you know if ill have to regulate my gas with a 7.62 SD </div></div>

There is talk about regulating the gas system, depends on who you ask. I would PM H20Man, he is the Guru on M1A's around here.

with the YHM mount you do not have to cut the gas plug just order a AK mount and tell YHM to rethread it to 5/8-24

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reaper3bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you know if ill have to regulate my gas with a 7.62 SD </div></div>

There is talk about regulating the gas system, depends on who you ask.
I would PM H20Man, he is the Guru on M1A's around here. </div></div>

I don't know if I can be of much help, I use the SEI/Fisher can on my 22.0" and 18.0" M14s and my 16.25" SEI SOCOM will be set-up to run the same can.
All of my rifles use the DC Vortex and there is no reason to modify the gas system on any of my SEI builds.

<<< CQB 16

I use the same can on my DC Vortex equipped 7.62x39 AKM and 5.56mm Daewoo

so the yhm mount will let me put a blackout fh and a 762 sd on a sodom 16?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reaper3bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so the yhm mount will let me put a blackout fh and a 762 sd on a sodom 16? </div></div>

no but it is the way to mount a YHM suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reaper3bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im not messing with the gas plug man, ill bump the barrel up an inch or two and get the scout before i start cutting it up. It looks good tho, if it works you should market it and sell it. Everyone wants an aac can on their 16 </div></div>Iam just testing it right now