• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M14 KAC RAS Questions

Makeshift Mando

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
New Hampshire
I was able to get me hands on a M14 KAC RAS recently and was curious about what it is compatible with.

Can I install it on a Medium Weight Barrel with a GI Contour? I know Standard GI works but I was curious if the medium weights would work?

Has anyone found a way to make a coninuous scope rail work with it? I might try a Sage cantilever mount and see if that works.

There is a picture of a soldier on the internet with what looks like a ARMS #18 with the M14 KAC RAS. Has anyone modified the KAC rail to do this?

My understanding is the KAC rail fits over any diameter barrel, and your rear scope ring is mounted to a Picatinny section that replaces your stripper clip guide rod. Some folks simply reversed a Larue rail clamped to the KAC.

7505225100_646231788a_b.jpg

I saw this "Blackfeather" continuous-rail in a random search. One of the Baltic countries used something like this with Schmidt-Bender scopes:

1pjeetb1zv771.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jpop8807
I don't think so . I have a SA NM with the medium-barrel . The barrel-diameter around the chamber is larger than a GI-barrel . The problem is that it has a clip that fits into the grooves , that the handguard normally clips into , on either side of the chamber ... I have one also , and am trying to figure out how to mount it without changing barrels . I'm not sure if cutting a shallow groove to match the GI-barrel diameter would be a good idea .