• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M16 extractor for Remington 223

HadesPrecision

Private
Minuteman
Does anyone know where I can get an M16 style extractor for a Remington 700 .223 and a print for installation? PTG told me their mini one won’t work for it and LRI isn’t showing their mini one available to order. I can do the install myself and would rather not have to send my bolt off.

Also for clarification, I don’t want a sako style extractor. And no, it’s not a matter of needing a new factory extractor or ejector. I’ve gone 3 of each without the problem being solved (one of the ejectors I lengthened to come almost flush with the bolt nose). The only cases that don’t just fall in the receiver are Lapua and even then it’s only 90% of the time they eject at all. It seems that they’re the only ones with a thick enough rim. All others extract just fine but pop loose before they eject and I have to physically remove the spent case by hand.

Last edited:
I realize your asking about extractors and prints but I just had one installed by LRI on a R700 224 Valkyrie bolt gun build (.420 bolt face) but he does them for all other calibers.

4E5A4BD2-5A9D-4945-A501-6AA95DC5D5DF.jpeg

Call them. They may be of assistance.

Reactions: HadesPrecision
Just adding to the knowledge base as best I can.
My Rem 700 Tactical ( .223) always had weak extraction, often dumping the case in the breech. I changed the extractor with another from Remington, same issue.
I recently installed a new extractor from PTG and the problem has cleared up.
HTH,
DannG

Just adding to the knowledge base as best I can.
My Rem 700 Tactical ( .223) always had weak extraction, often dumping the case in the breech. I changed the extractor with another from Remington, same issue.
I recently installed a new extractor from PTG and the problem has cleared up.
HTH,
DannG
Just for clarification, you installed the factory style extractor from PTG or replaced it with either a sako or m16 style?

The factory style replacement. They were bare steel ( I bought 3 of 'em....). I parkerized them before install, so far, so good.
DannG