• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns M17 holster with light?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
I have been playing with my kit a little lately, and yesterday decided I wanted to try a full sized pistol on my pistol belt. I have been running a G19 w/o light on it for awhile now and though I like it feel the need for a full size. Plan was to push the easy button and find a Gen4 G17 or a G19x but locally there are none to be found so I said fuck it and ordered the M17 kit for a P320 compact I have laying around.

I really like the Safariland 6354 w/o provision for light and I would like to get as close as possible to this holster with the provision to run a TLR7 or similar. I see Safariland sells the 7TS RDS. Thinking this may be my only Safariland options. Pro is I can just click on and set my angle. Con, it isn’t covered or lined which I have really grown to like. Also not so sure about the loop retention, though I’m sure I could train past that.

For those who have run the M17 on a pistol belt, what holsters have you run? Pros and Cons? Am I overlooking something obvious? I run mine mid-low with quick disconnect system but if I have to change it’s not the end of the world.

Guessing the easy button is just to wait for a G17 to pop up but I’d like to train with this pistol while and see how I like it so I’ll need to give it a fair shake with a similar holster setup.

Thanks,

Chris

A few different Safariland setups I use for the P320. The FDE holster is a fairly new model but mfg. with thermo-laminate molding (to fit specific combinations of firearm/optic/light )which has a partial suede lining for two reasons, noise discipline when holstering / drawing as well as the kydex used is / can be abrasive to some firearm finishes. The Black holster is mfg. using Sarariland 7 kydex and fabricated with injection molding methods allowing it to be better fitted, stronger, lighter etc.; Safari-7 kydex is not at all abrasive to firearm finishes so no need to have suede linings and any scuffs on the holster are brushed off with a micro fiber cloth. The Safariland GLS works well when no light option needed, but also optic is not protected. The big holsters both come with SLS hoolds /ALS Level 3. The same holsters can be combined with a belt-hip mount but way to bulky to be practical for me.
Sig P320 Safariland RDS Holster Safariland RDS Holster Sig P320IMG_6721 copy.jpg
Sig P320 Safariland RDS Holster Safariland RDS Holster Sig P320IMG_6725 copy.jpg
Sig P320 Safariland RDS Holster Safariland RDS Holster Sig P320IMG_6728 copy.jpg
Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5805 copy.jpg
Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5807 copy.jpg
IMG_6885.jpg
IMG_6886.jpg
IMG_6887.jpg
IMG_6888.jpg
IMG_6889.jpg
IMG_6890.jpg

Last edited:
@strikeeagle1 ,

thank you, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. I like the ranger green denim on the outside but this will work. I appreciate you going the extra mile and moving the clip over so I can see the model number.

Huge thank you!

Chris

BTW, how you like the Wilson Combat frame compared to the M17, etc?

I started the P320 journey last Fall foolishly believing starting with the V-TAC I would be good to go, just add the optic. The factory 7 lb flat trigger was not suitable for fast support hand only shooting in my world; tried every variant of Sig grip modules, to blocky and I own every P series pistol. The V-TAC sights were too low, thus useless with Leupold DDP optic. The standard sig grip modules beaver tail were surf board sized making rapid indexing on the grip from the holster unworkable for me. I have a lot of WC 1911's in .45 / 9mm so I gave it a go; it only comes in one size=Medium; now available in FDE, only black available when I ordered mine. Here's the current 320 build list.
IMG_5076 Annotated.jpg
Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero 25 Yards Tripod 10.04.20IMG_6643 copy.jpg
Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero with Tripod Picattiny Mount 03.08.20IMG_5013 copy.jpg
Sig P320 Grip Modules with Wilson CombatIMG_4947e copy.jpg

I have relatively big hands and I had to add the small beaver tail to my G19 to keep from getting slide rub (not bite) when I was practicing a lot of draw and fire drills. The beaver tail worked, but changed my grip angle slightly which has the bottom of the trigger guard rubbing the skin off my middle finger knuckle. Now, maybe I have bitch hands, but as good as the G19 is I am thinking if I need to mod the shit out of it to avoid blisters or scabs I should try something else.

the Trigger in my 320 compact is passable. If the reliability, grip angle and pointability of the M17 is good I may send my trigger pack in to be worked over a little.

Hopefully I won’t have to wait months for the holster to come back into stock.

For $65, I may just order a WC frame and let it sit.

Thank you for your insight.

Check out the T.rex Arms (www.trex-arms.com) Light-compatible Ragnarok holster. They have a model that fits the M17 with TLR-7. About $85 and available in different colors. Works with the Safariland QLS fork (and other mounts).

@18Bravo.com

I have one for my G19 with x300. Nice holster. Not against using it again but I have been really happy with the Safariland with ALS. (albeit at 3x the price)

My belt and pouches are actually T-Rex. They are fairly local to me so it’s nice to support them when possible. So far I have been happy with it. Last time I looked at their website they are cleaned out. They don’t have shit. May be worth another look as I want to add a aid kit and maybe a dump pouch.

A little vent on Sig.

The M17 kit came in record time. Looks good, doesn’t fit. Seems Sig changed the lower in the P320 after mine was purchased and the slide release is shorter on the new ones so my slide won’t fit over the slide release. Looks to be pretty easy to fix, $20 part plus probably $12 shipping but for fucks sake, list that shit in the description on the website so a MoFo doesn’t get his hopes up to shoot the shit the weekend only to find out he needs more $.12 stamped metal....

At this point, I should have just bought a Police turn in Gen4 G17. (Found some 2 days after Ordered this) Would have been less expensive and I already have the damn holster.

Customer service guy was nice and immediately knew what was up.

if you’re thinking of doing an M17 kit maybe call first.

One would think to just have the operator learn to keep their friggin support thumb away from the slide stop since its location is similar
in virtually every modern auto pistol. Contacting the slide stop during shooting is the #1 cause of shooter-induced malfunctions during training drills at the Rogers Shooting School.
Sig P320 Slide Catch Assembly Update for New Style Grip Modules  Dec 2019IMG_4445 copy.JPG

They just need to list it on the website description. Had I known, I would have ordered it same time.

all I have to say is fuck those holsters and more up to a good kydex. UpperHand Holsters you will love.

PSA - the only difference in Sig P320 slide stop assemblies, Gen1 v. Gen2, is the external vertical height profile of the mechanism. The Gen1's are 1 mm too tall to fit within the updated grip modules polymer "berm" about the contact point, so third party grip modules e.g. Wilson Combat have apparently elected not to have such a polymer "berm" in order that their offering does not exclude fire control units from Gen 1 FCU's being mounted in their grips. Long ago Chesterfield cigarettes marketed a "101" cigarette that was 101 millimeters long, exactly "1" millimeter longer than standard length cigarettes.......they sold a bunch for that last one mm toke advantage. That's what we have here. That is all.
Sig P320 Slide Catch Assembly Update for New Style Grip Modules Difference Photos Annotated 11...jpg
Sig P320 Slide Catch Assembly Update Gen2 Slide Stop Assembly copy.png

Last edited: