• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A in Sage EBR

eboggs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2009
Ohio, USA
Not so much a precision rifle, but a fun, combat effective DMR that can ring steel out to (and beyond) my capabilities and range available to me. Still need to add a USGI FH, ShootingSight EBR adjustable trigger and sling. Currently equipped with a SS 10X.

I rattle canned it and wasnt happy with the finished product, so began to strip it and thought, dang, the "worn" look is actually quite an effective camo for my environment so I kept it half stripped.

IMG_20190323_134133.jpg

IMG_20190323_134159.jpg

Looks good I think. I had one of these EBRs a while ago. The weight balance was a bit much for me being a shorter dude, and like you said the M14 is not really an easy platform for precision. All the same, I miss it, they have a massive cool factor and actually shoot from a rest damn well. Never had a problem with mine, ran like the wind all day.

Looks good I think. I had one of these EBRs a while ago. The weight balance was a bit much for me being a shorter dude, and like you said the M14 is not really an easy platform for precision. All the same, I miss it, they have a massive cool factor and actually shoot from a rest damn well. Never had a problem with mine, ran like the wind all day.

Yes cost to accuracy ratio is not good I'm and it is heavy...but considering most if not all of my shooting is prone off a bipod or bag, I'm ok with it...and it IS just a cool gun to have in the safe with the others .

i heard the conversion from the regular stock to an EBR is a bitch. my friend has one and said he had to find a specific smith who can do the job and even then it was somewhat troubling. it's definitely got it's cool history factor but it is a heavy gun that isnt all that accurate. sweet rifle nonetheless.

i heard the conversion from the regular stock to an EBR is a bitch. my friend has one and said he had to find a specific smith who can do the job and even then it was somewhat troubling. it's definitely got it's cool history factor but it is a heavy gun that isnt all that accurate. sweet rifle nonetheless.

It isn't that bad. The only "difficult" part is replacing the op rod guide with the SAGE EBR op rod guide. They fit tight enough most of the time that the roll pin is not needed, and some light sanding may be required to open up the diameter of the op rod guide block. However once the new op rod guide is installed you cannot just drop it back into a conventional stock.

Still a nice rifle. I'd like one. I've got a pimped FAL folder with a Steyr barrel and that's my "other" rifle I guess.

I liked my EBR but after I got a SCAR decided it was too damn heavy and went back to the USGI stock. I wish I had kept it now though and just decided not to caryy the rifle in the field. More of a range only gun. It was massively cool.

Picked up a Sage here a couple weeks ago. Always kinda wanted one, no particular reason other than something else to tinker with. Easy install except I'm not real keen on the whole crush washer thing for the gas cylinder. Think I'll find some shims instead.

Picked up a Sage here a couple weeks ago. Always kinda wanted one, no particular reason other than something else to tinker with. Easy install except I'm not real keen on the whole crush washer thing for the gas cylinder. Think I'll find some shims instead.

Mine came with shims...and I agree, better than crush washer. And no issues with sage scope mount. It is just as solid as the chassis. It's painted but was an FDE model.

Thanks, was trying to figure out if FDE mount actually existed. Have only been able to find black. Trivial but chassis is FDE so would prefer mount to be same.