• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M1A IOR or USO

ARodPDT117

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I am torn between an IOR from Liberty or ordering up a USO SN3 for my new LRB m25 M1a. I am no stranger to shooting but this will be my first dedicated target rifle and I have not really worked at extended ranges (400 has been my max). Is one going to be more beneficial for me than the other or is it a coin flip? Should I use MOA or MILs? I appreciate any advice and help.

Re: M1A IOR or USO

how long do you want to wait, if you want the scope relatively soon IOR is your choice, but as to the Mils or MOA only you can decide that, but i prefer mils as it is a standardized # as where MOA means alot of different things to different manuf and most of them dont understand true MOA and IPHY

I'm going to run the SN3 1.8-10 slimline on my IRA .308. It seems like a great little scope for the M1A too.

Do you think in mils or MOA for your dope?
True, moa scopes can be either actual moa or IPHY, but I think that argument agianst moa/moa as a system is worn thin.
The real point is that if you can find a scope in which the adjustments match the reticle its a "dial what you see" proposition.

I would (and do) prefer the USO. If you need a variable the 1.8-10 is a great scope, if you can deal with fixed power the ST10 with a 37mm ERGO would be my recomendation.

Here is my vote, USO SN3 1.8 x 10. I like the USO because there are alot of diffrent options available in the SN3 line of scopes.

33e6bf6.jpg

what options on the USO are a must have or recommended? Wait time really isn't an issue but I am curious to how far out it is. Took a year to get the rifle completed. Thanks again, take care