• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A Optics mount

BattleAxe

Chief
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2010
    Earth
    Who makes a decent optic mount for a M1A? The Springfield unit looks stout but I've read somewhere that the screws may be an issue.

Re: M1A Optics mount

SEI and Sadlak make the better mounts.

I had the SEI mount on my MK14 SEI Mod 0 at one time...

MK14-SEI-1.jpg

Sadlak makes great mounts. I have two of their titanium M1A mounts and could not be happier. Also, the customer service at Sadlak is simply the best. You will talk to real, knowledgable people if you call or get your emails answered in a timely fashion if that is your preferred communication method.

the nice thing about Sadlak is they offer a measuring kit, measure YOUR rcvr, send them the data sheet and they build the mount to those measurements.

have one and love it

If you are looking for a forward mounting scope fultom armoury makes a nice super scout mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turnandshoot4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are looking for a forward mounting scope fultom armoury makes a nice super scout mount. </div></div>

The M8 from UltiMAK is a much better piece of kit.

I like the sound of the Sadlak and if someone made titanium underwear...I'd likely be wearing them. I'll order one today...I've been wanting to scope this rig for some time and putting a MK4 on my SASS got me hooked on scoped guns. I love the M4-M3 but don't want 2 of them so I'll likely try a different optic for the M1A.

Thanks guys.

SEI is what I use and love it. Brownells has them in stock as does Desert warrior products.

Sadlak.. Great mount and great to work with.

there is one mount (someone chime in) that has an upward angle to the underside so the brass wont jam at all. clint fowler had to modify my mount (forget the name but it was about $300) to eliminate any brass from jamming.

Mike Sadlak is a great guy who makes the best quality mounts. I used 100 of his mounts on 100 DM M14's we built to send to Iraq in 2004. And as was said before he put a 5 degree under cut on the bottom of the mount after we discovered that spent cases on some of the M14's would jam between the mount and the bolt. He immediately made the mods. He also came to Ft. Drum to help with the initial install of the mounts. I SADLAKs on my M14/M25 rifles NEVER had a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turnandshoot4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are looking for a forward mounting scope fultom armoury makes a nice super scout mount. </div></div>

The M8 from UltiMAK is a much better piece of kit. </div></div>

Can't go wrong with Sadlak or SEI, but if you want a forward mount H2O Man hit it on the head.

rifles001.jpg

For those of you with the Sadlak mount...what optic and rings are you using? I'm getting a long range optic, likely a USO on this but I want to make sure it will mount low to the rail with no eye relief issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a sadlak you can buy? </div></div>

Why are you selling it and how much?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you with the Sadlak mount...what optic and rings are you using? I'm getting a long range optic, likely a USO on this but I want to make sure it will mount low to the rail with no eye relief issues.</div></div>

This is a Sadlak Airborne mount with a USO SN3 1.8x10, USO xl rings

242hobm.jpg

Good looking rigs guys. I'm going to have to get the gage and measure my receiver. My gun was built during that time when there were apparently some out-of-spec receivers floating around. (late 80's to early 90's) It's a Springfield National Match so I'm hoping it will be OK.