• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A Replacement stock

Slowfire

old guy
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Tn
I think it was a few years back I read and article about a replacement chassis style stock that was was really helping the accuracy of stock M1A’s. Anybody have the name of the stock and any first had experience with it?

They are a great stock option.
However they are rather heavy and will turn your M1A into a chassis style gun that you will need to shoot off a bipod / rest / ground.
(so easy positional shooting pretty much goes out the window).

One note is that there are 2 different gas block sizes when you are ordering it, so make sure you get the right one for the model of M1A that you have.

Putting them on is pretty easy.

Check auction sites and m14forum.com because sometimes you can get a pretty good deal on them as opposed to fulton armory. They run around 850-1200 depending on which model you want. You can snag one for a couple hundred less.

Thank you gentlemen I appreciate the excellent information!!

JAE also makes a chassis stock that helps with the M1A accuracy...

Pretty sure that was the entire intent (originally) for the JAE Chassis. It was only later that the popularity of the 700 chassis overtook their original business plan. Their chassis had a tensioned receiver clamp and barrel tuner as the key accuracy improvements for the M1A. Everyone else pretty much copied their design.