• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

m1a scope mount

jroberts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
dover,delaware
i recently aquired a springfield m1a and would like to put a scope on it..i was wondering if anybody had any advice on who make the best scope mounts for these rifles..

Re: m1a scope mount

Might want to do a search, as this has been discussed numerous times before, but generally Sadlak and Smith are among the most recommended.

smith enterprises on mine for several years now, very pleased with it. better than others ive seen.

also check out the vortex flash hider as this was the most effective of the many ive used at actually eliminating signature in the dark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sadlak </div></div>
+1.

Bassett Machine has a new picatinney rail scope mount for the M14 platform. They've been around for quite a while but not much street knowledge about their scope mount. I just bought one but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Talk on dedicated M14 forums is that it does what it's supposed to do very well.

www.bassettmachine.com

Moe

Reactions: gro

i purchased the smith enterprise 2006 mount and 7002 rings for my SA loaded. i installed a super sniper fixed 10 power scope. it was probably the most uncomfortable rifle to shoot after i spent close to 800 bucks to upgrade it

Brookfield is a good mount as well..

Alot of people like the ARMS mount too.

I have an ARMS #18 on mine and I like it, though it is a *little high* for me to get a good cheek weld/proper eye relief. I bought one of Karstens adjustable stock mounts, just haven't had the chance to install it.

Scoping an M1A is going to mean a new stock (like the pricey JAE-100). The strap-on comb pads are unsatisfactory; maybe the Karsten Kydex riser is a good compromise.

+1 on the Sadlak mount. Or, if you can find one, get an old-style ARMS #18 mount -- you'll be able to clean your rifle more easily without the rail in the way of the chamber and bolt.