• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M1A scope mounting

Gildoom

Alex Rogan Starshipgunner
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
So, I like the Sadlak airborne version, looks prettier to me... I grab my M1A start looking at it, and go "wtf is this metal thing that is towards the back of the receiver with this thing in it". It doesn't look like an allen but sort of like a pin, is this a gunsmith type of thing or am I missing the boat?

It is where the "aft" portion of the scope mount would go in, I might have to post a pic since I cannot figure out how to describe this.

I grabbed the manual and the piece I am referring to is the "Cartridge Clip Guide", any help, appreciated.

Re: M1A scope mounting

Are you talking about the roll pin that secures the stripper clip guide? If so, all you have to do is get the appropriate sized punch and small drifting hammer and tap it out.

Re: M1A scope mounting

Hehe, your location baffled me, I had to look it up, was like uhhh shouldn't that be 33N, 80E? But I get it now.